View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 06:40 PM

FSETH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuneuro
The E90 M3 is fine if you only need nice dd and don't track your car at all, but as Josh pointed out there's nothing performance oriented about it's 3700-3800lb weight! The car to have will be the M version of the 1-series. If we anyone thought the 335i w/ tune + lsd would at least reasonably keep up with the M3, the 135i should be able to easily clean-up let alone the M version.
I agree with you on the 135i. With a little tuning, that car is going to be a rocket. The new M3 is out of my price range at the moment, so I am actually more excited about the 1 series. My only complaint about the 135i is that it could have been a little lighter also. I guess if you keep the options down and go with manual seats, etc, you can save some weight.

I know 3,700 lbs is pretty heavy, but once again you have to look at the available competition. In general cars are getting bigger and heavier these days. True 4 seat coupes like the e30 M3's just aren't going to happen again. The M3 is getting bigger and heavier, but it is still lighter than the RS4, AMG, CTS-V, etc. Of it's direct competition, what other 2 or 4 door 4 seater is lighter or would be a better combo of daily driver and occasional weekend track rat than the M3?

Sponsored Links