View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 08:05 PM

KDD is on a distinguished road
Finally here....My new X5 4.8i. Do you love or hate the color combo?

Hey guys,
Finally got my new X5. Had previously driven an 02 X5 4.6is (the first one that had been delivered to the Philly area back in Mar 02), and absoultely had loved that car. Most people dont understand why us guys (and gals) who are loyal to BMW choose to go back again and again but its something that would only be realized by owning a high performance vehicle like ours! So after 6 years in the 4.6is (which was black on black w/alcantra white) I decided to go for a 4.8.

I choose to go with a color combo which was something I hadnt seen very commonly. My salesperson (at the busiest dealership in Long Island) had confirmed that his dealership had not yet configured, ordered, or sold a car with this color combo. He had also warned me that either we (me and him) would love it or hate it and that I would be stuck with it if I didnt like it. Well guess what.... ITS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. Tell me what you think... Im so proud of this puppy...

2008 BMW X5 4.8i

SPACE GRAY on SADDLE BROWN with BRUSHED ALUMINUM

Options:
20" Rims/Tires
Active Steering
Cold Weather Package
Comfort Access
Head-Up Display
Heated Rear Seats
Ipod / USB Adapter
Multi-Contour Sears
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Rear Climate Package
Brushed Aluminum Running Boards
Sports Package
Technology Package

Basically the only thing I didnt get was Active/Ventilated Seats (not available in Saddle Brown), 3rd Row Seating, and the Satellite Radio Option.

And sorry... Im not the best photographer... 2nd post has rest of the pictures

My first impressions are that the car handles and performs much better than the old 4.6is (even though this is a 4.8i and not 4.8i's'. BMW has truly taken the X5 to the next level since it first came out. I had done the Ultimate Drive Experience at Belmont Park last year in the X where they had let you compare to the Volvo, Mercedes, and Lexus. The X5 clearly blew away those cars in all aspects of the motorcross.

Well anyway... Im so proud of this car and I congratulate all of you guys who are also in one. If anyone is on the fence... rest assured that you will never regret getting one. Let me know what you guys think? Thanks
KDD
Attached Images

Sponsored Links