View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 03:09 AM

wb488641 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcx5
I just removed my snows and put my 20" tires/wheels back on my car today and on the way home... hit a pothole and instantly the car warned me of a low pressure in the front right tire. I pulled over, and could hear the air escaping and saw the tear.

So, tomorrow i'm going to have to order a new tire... i think they are about $450 each! argh. i wonder if the City of Boston would cover this... anyone have any experience in this area?

I have about 5,000 miles on the tires. Do you think I should replace BOTH fronts... or is it ok to just replace the damaged tire?

I'm going to call about availability in the morning through dealer. Tire Rack says they have them... but i need to get it replaced ASAP.

thanks for any thoughts/advice.
Did you purchase the tire and wheel insurance from the dealer?
if so, you are covered. otherwise you are SOL.
you shouldn't have to replace both tires. just the damage one.
Did the 214 rims Bend? You may also look into an alightment depend on how severe the damage is done to your front end.
ANY PHOTO ?????????

The oem 20' is a low profile tires, so the 19' even the 18' are able to substain more punishment then your 20'

The oem dunlop is a very expensive tires, $450 plus labor. you are probably looking into a $500 or more depends on your dealer.

Sorry, it happened to you. BUMER!

Sponsored Links