View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 10:29 AM

BMWFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfishooks
I recently ordered the OEM Sirius Sat Radio and Install Kit from my dealer. While waiting for items that are backordered, I was wondering if anyone has done the install themselves, and was dealer coding required?
The install should be easy, as I think it is just a plug in type affair. But, on the e70's I believe you will need to take it to the dealer for it to be recognized in the idrive. I know on my newer five series this is the case. On the e53, things were just plug and play, but not so on the e70.

I don't think it is that expensive to activate the Sat radio, as you are not updating the software, just coding the car for the new Sat radio. If the car needs the software to make the Sat radio work, that should be done at no charge. There is a bulletin somewhere that states this. Good luck either way.

2004 525i, Prem. Pkg, xenons, bluetooth.

Retired: 2006 X5 4.4i, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Climate Pkg, Upgraded Sound Pkg, Navigation, 19" Star Wheels

Sponsored Links