View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 09:02 PM

rlipsitz9 is on a distinguished road
Need Tech Help: 2005 X5 OEM Halogen to OEM Xenon HID Full Headlamp Swap

All,

I have been getting some great input from a few members regarding this topic. In this post I am going to give some background information regarding my situation and then as soon as I can and with the members' permission I am going to quote some of the information I already have gotten via private messages.

I recently got a 2005 X5. I quickly realized it had a Halogen headlights which has been a bummer for me cause that's one thing I really wanted. I was really surprised cause the vehicle seems to have everything else (although it's probably a weird hodge podge car cause it's a 6spd manual...it has navi, sport, premium, cold weather, etc).

Because I felt like it was a good deal I jumped on purchasing a set of OEM xenon adaptive headlights assemblies only and then went ahead and got OEM ballasts, ignitors, and bulbs to make a complete headlight set (I believe).

So my question has been what am I getting into for this headlight swap. I have gotten many different responses and nothing seems to be super definitive (no offense to everyone who has been helping so far). I find it so hard to believe that no one out there has wanted to do a full OEM to OEM swap on these lights (that or it's impossible?)

I am starting this thread up (I had another one called 2005 X5 Halogen to HID conversion) and was not really getting any interesting. I hope that this one does better.

I will try to quote or give all the information I know here in the next post. I realize that there are cheap / other non OEM ways to accomplish what I am trying to do, and maybe I am being stubborn, but for now I'd like to stick to the all OEM swap plan. Thanks in advance to everyone who contributes to my journey.
Robert

Sponsored Links