View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 08:40 AM

FunfDreisig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbowgrease View Post
I picked up our 2010 35d last weekend and had forgotten about this thread until I took off the plastic engine cover and noticed that the dipstick was fairly accessible. The engine cover is held in with a few clips so just pull up at the front of the cover and towards the front of the vehicle to remove it. Pictures are included for those still waiting for their 35d. (I was looking for any available picture while waiting for delivery.)

A few notes on the pictures:
1) It was not unexpected but the intake runners on the engine cover are not covering the actual intake runners.

2) This is my first BMW and the measuring end of the dipstick is pretty fancy compared to what I am used to.

3) A sticker in the engine bay provides instructions on how to check the oil level and a command to, "Check Engine Oil Level at every Fuel Fill-up!"

Congrats on your new 35d and a very helpful first post

BTW I think you should read about the BMW C&D program introduced with the 2010 35d models. Playing around with your X5s dipstack and lifting the skirts for pictures, makes me think you are exactly the kind of BMW owner for which this program was designed. At least now you can't say you weren't warned.

Funf Dreisig

Last edited by FunfDreisig; 12-02-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Sponsored Links