View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 01:56 PM

Location: Kirkland, WA to Alexandria, VA - Now in Marysville, WA
m5james is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCAPX5 View Post
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this will help at all but I had some custom work done to hold subs/amps/crossovers/etc in our first X5 back in like 2001. Granted this was when I was much more into car audio so our new 2006 is pretty plain back in the cargo area. Less the spare (come on we have roadside!!!), my old setup didn;t take up ANY cargo space yet provided ample volume for two 12'' subs and electronics. It wasn't a very "high-end" system but it was good gear properly installed and tuned and sounded great.

Good luck with yours!

PS - My plan for our new 2006 3.0 is too simply add a single 10 or 12 in a small sealed enclosure that is easily removed from the X when we need to pack her up tight for tailgating or travel. Pull two speaker wires off and the sub box comes right out!
I couldn't lose the use of my spare tire well. I roadtrip the X5 constantly, so the spare comes in and out based on if I'm in town or going out of town. I considered remaking the entire right side into an enclosure and having it sit flush w/ the sliding tray (which you don't have, and something I honestly don't even use), but that's something maybe further down the road when my current setup just isn't enough anymore.

650hp 10 X5///M - Stage 2, Vibrant 1794's , gutted cats, custom intake, AC Forged 22's
325hp 98 BMW 740iL - ///M5 6spd, www.bavengine.com w/ Performance Option, electric fan, CF intake tube w/ heatshield, Mag 14816 w/ notched bumper, Bilstein/H&R Stage II/Powerflex

600+hp 02 Harley F150 - MHP900 Stage 3 engine, KB2.3, 8# lower, 60# inj, Walbro FP's

135hp 01 TL1000R - M4 full exhaust, K&N, Yosh box, -1/+2 gears, 2CT's

Sponsored Links