View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 03:39 PM

StanF18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB PERF View Post
I don't see any bragging........ Forum members wanted to see what our cars had for power at the wheels, I strapped the car to our rollers, nothing more.

MB
Sounds like someone is suffering from "sour grapes" syndrome.

Hey RTC, hate to burst YOUR bubble, but the engine has ALREADY been dyno-ed by the ///M engineers. Everyone and their grandmother already knows it's at 555 hp and 500 torque. That's not what this thread is about. You do understand about drivetrain losses between the crank and the wheels, don't you?? And I think folks on this forum are plenty savvy about standard deviations going from dyno to dyno and different air pressures and temeratures. Nobody is claiming these are "official" numbers, folks are just trying to get an idea about their baseline whp, since the vehicle manufacturers don't typically tell you that part.
ALSO: If you run it on the same dyno and get 419, 415, and 422 whp on a stock setup...and then you chip it out and it comes back on the same exact dyno with 464, 471, and 466 then it's pretty clear from the averages that your mod has gained you at least 40 in overall hp. Maybe a little more. That's all.

Sponsored Links