View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Premier Member and retired relic

Quicksilver will become famous soon enoughQuicksilver will become famous soon enough
In context "We’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned".
Sounds to me like he's not against companies or individuals earning money based on their success.

On the second part "I do think at a certain point you've made enough money"
IMO it doesn't sound like he's advocating a limit on what anyone can earn.

What I get from it is this.
Anyone with a degree of understanding knows that greed
can't be a good thing weather it's greed by an individual or greed from
a corporation. Honestly it's a moral issue which was and still is the
basis for the financial issues we face.

Ask anyone who's made more money than they can spend and
they will tell you that there's a point when making money is no longer
the issue. The most important thing when you get to that point
is what you can do to help other people.

Call it "Wealth Redistribution plain and simple." if you like but
that's the reality, plain and simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLabGuy View Post
PRESIDENT OBAMA: "Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money."

Do you want the Government to set a Limit on what we can make as individual United States Citizens? This could even include your company. After-all there is a point where they make "enough money".

Wealth Redistribution plain and simple.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Obama To Wall Street: "I Do Think At A Certain Point You've Made Enough Money"

Sponsored Links