View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 11:23 PM

TwinsPoppa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter View Post
I have had a x-pipe in for about a year and now it has developed a leak. The shop said its unrepairable and I need a new one for them to fix.

I was just on the magnaflow website and I see I apparently have a x-crossover. I thought mine sounded good, but if the actual x-pipe is louder I would definately replace mine with that.

wtf is the difference? Is one louder than the other?

MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust

Well, I'm not sure but that link says:

MagnaFlow's Stainless Steel Tru-X Crossover Pipe represents a significant leap forward in technology over traditional H-pipes. The more gentle radius allows for better exhaust gas scavenging, noise cancellation and better balance between cylinder banks. The result is a significant increase in power and torque but a reduction in db sound levels...the best of both worlds.

I'm gonna interpret that as the Tru-X Crossover pipe is better in PERFORMANCE and REDUCTION in noise level. So, if you DON'T want those two things then, I guess go for the other one.

Should be louder but might hear more rasp/pop AND the way its inputs/outputs are oriented looks like more work to install.

Might want to consider deleting the mufflers then either and keep the Crossover pipe or put back the orignal resonator. You can throw in straight pipes too.

BTW ... I have the same thing you have (crossover). I really want to try putting the resonator back and remove the mufflers but seems like a lot of work for maybe not that big a change of sound. I want the sound to be deeper than the crossover (like stock) but not necessarily louder.

Sponsored Links