View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 02:09 AM

BAD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by anzer View Post
Thanks BAD - sounds sensible in terms of the price gap. I had a quote from dealer for 50i innovation at $151k on road which included corp discount ... I'm assuming there's some fat in there that can be negotiated ...

I'm also waiting for a 50i to test drive - will then be able to benchmark the 35d with 40d, 35i and 50i - even though I reckon if I can get reasonable trade / private sale for the 2010 35d then I'll stretch to 50i ... agree with diesel clatter - I don't like it either but once youre inside and off you dont really notice - it is one smooth diesel once you get moving ...

also interested ..did you get adaptive drive? it doesnt seem popular in Aus but sounds like a great option for smoothing things out and gaining better agility etc - esp with bigger wheels
The price sounds similar...but I didn't have much luck negotiating further...single dealer city.
I thought the deisel engine was very good - so refined compared to the deisel Landcruisers I was used to bush-bashing in my youth.

I didn't go for adaptive drive - I definitely considered it as I have a similar concern with 20" rims on Aussie roads. I read an ordinary review for the adaptive drive on the X5M, and surprisingly the dealer didn't talk it up either. The dealer did a pretty good job - see list below!

My order: X5 50i Innovation (Alpine white, black interior with Bamboo trim)

3rd row seat
Rear DVD
Tow pack
Running Boards
Window Tint
Hi Fi Pro
Soft close doors
Comfort Seats + Active Ventilation
TV function
Extended Connectivity
...was that enough....

I have read some fairly negative things about some of those options above, but went with them anyway.
I was just about to put my money down on a new Range Rover and was stiff-armed by a mate into test driving the X5 - I'm glad he did

Sponsored Links