View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 PM

Meiac09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperfreak2 View Post
The difference is: question your boss (dissent) in a one on one meeting.

Do not question your boss, to a reporter, from Rolling Stone, for a month, while drinking, in Afganistan.

Meiac, I really do believe that once you join the military, you loose a lot of the freedoms of an average US citizen. You take an oath to obey orders and the commander in chief whether you agree or not.

My company has a similar policy. Employees are encouraged to show frankness and dissent, up until a decision has been made. Once the decision is final, everyone on the team is expected to work towards reaching the target, without exception.
I get your point... I understand the military thing well, believe me, my father was a navy pilot and absolutely hated anything but complete compliance and agreement from me. I still think there is something to think that we are dealing with a career general, who has been running the show for X number of years, then a new (and transient) "CEO" (with no practical experience) moves in and won't take anything but what he wants and its foolish. But I know that its the way of the world. Then again, maybe he was fixin to fire McChrystal and this just gave him an excuse anyway.

I think the context certainly didn't help. Something like what happened with Helen Thomas.

Sponsored Links