View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:29 PM

Steamyrotter is on a distinguished road
I have been a member of both sites (Xoutpost & X5Drivers) and have gained a LOT of good info from both, and have contributed likewise (admittedly not on here yet since this is my first post!!!!)

The major plus point of X5Drivers.co.uk was its bias towards the UK market & Issues. Please note that is not a dig but just a quirk of the OEM (& government!) deciding that the UK needed a different spec vehicle to everyone else!!!

There are many items and issues that exist across the board so any info is good info, just as there are some things from the US side that don't apply to UK, and also some from the UK side that don't apply to the US.
But hey thats what makes it interesting..

Ref the loss of the UK site, yes it is sad its happened, but at the end of the day - It Happened. It was a good source of knowledge and banter, and at the end of the day so is this site. If the opportunity of a UK sub forum is taken then it is sure to benefit the board as a whole by having a larger database of knowledge and advice. Equally it would be good if some of the info from the UK site could be retrieved and merged in here possibly??

Fair enough someone saw an opportunity and took it - end of.
I & many may not agree but it has gone too far and should be put to rest. Unfortunately these things happen, and there are only a few that know the full story.
Yes it's a loss, but part of life is to move on and adapt, and lets face it petty bickering is never the way to do it. "Stiff upper lip" and all that eh?
(by the way I do not want to be dragged into the mallay on this so please respect my view on this)

The main thing that has really upset me is just at the time my gearbox fails and i need to pick someone's brain the first point of call disappears....
Bleeding typical...

Right, off to hammer the search button.

Sponsored Links