View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 04:29 PM

davipt is on a distinguished road
Am about to switch from an X3 2006 2.0d into a 320d as the leasing's finance rate of the touring (specially because it's a fleet edition) was much cheaper than the X1 but had a look at the X1 details:

- the quality can't be worse than the X3, and even if the quality of the materials *may* be better than the 3 series, the design kicks the old 3 series - e.g. where's the inner door handle on the driver's side, why is the electric glass switch *after* the handle on the right side, why does the lines of the doors not follow the lines of the dashboard (much better even on the X3), etc.

- the interiour feels (and in some cases is) much bigger than the 3 and the X3 - might be smaller side-to-side, but there are more space for the legs and much more space for the head (1meter+ compared with less than 1 meter for x3 and 3). This of course compromises the boot.

- the boot sucks - 420 liters compared with 460 for the touring and 480 for the X3. On the other hand, yes it's more than enough for a single kid family.

- the moonroof (as they call it here) is overall the same size as the other cars, but opens 50/50% - meaning only half opens completely, compared with the previous moonroof of much more 60/40% or maybe even 70/30% on the 3/X3/5/etc. Not an issue though

- the X1 can take the 1series's 2.0D bi-turbo engine with 204HP (the x23), including the auto and the thingies on the steering wheel. There is no 323d.

An excellent and recommended option for young couples with or without a kid. Too bad my leasing monthly quote was almost 30% more expensive or else I'd had taken one for myself

Sponsored Links