View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 03:10 PM

Naz24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_4.8isX5 View Post
I can't speak for everyone's issues. But the lurch that I was referring to sounds like the same issue your having or calling the slam. When your X5 is driving and going through gears it'll pause to change a gear while the engine is still revving and then suddenly change gears and slam or lurch into the next gear. It isn't right or Ok at all, it may be a normal symptom or problem with these awesome vehicles but either way its not normal. In my case the transmission is losing hydraulic pressure in valves or somewhere thts used to change the gears, so when it trys to change them it loses pressure and has difficulty engaging the next gear. Its very odd though because its inconsistent, and it won't do it when its in sport mode. Atleast I haven't experienced it yet. The stealership told me that this is a very gradual and slow death or process for the tranny, but either way it is bad. Hope that helps and makes sense. Another symptom mine was having lately was a slow response when kicking it into reverse, it would take about a minute to engage. I've read several experiences where these symptoms were software related but apparently not in my case . I will be seeking more opinions, its just difficult to find a shop around my vicinity that will be honest and look at bmw's.

i had the reverse problem actually. not a full minute to engage, but about 2-3 seconds to engage in reverse. replaced under my last month of CPO warranty! phew!

Kiss French, Wear Italian, Drive German

Sponsored Links