View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 05:18 PM

ArtMan is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Horrible Front end Shaking and vibration!!!

Ok,

so here is the deal. I replaced most of the front end suspension with the kit on ebay (that german company). Just keep in mind i knw that its a cheap parts but i have had this shaking from that side for a while just never this bad. Anyway, I solved my tik tok from the front end and it was metal clip that holds the plastic skid plate to the metal stiffening plate.

now, after the front tires were balanced (used tires but good shape) with the old suspension i had some shaking and vibration and assumed it was the bushing etc. after replacing the front end suspention i have horrible shaking and its around 70+mph and if you while traveling at that speed try to make a long left hand turn (like a long sweeping turn ) the right side will start to shake bad. almost like when you see bikes the front tire starts to shake and its just gets worse until the driver looses full control its like that. and once it starts i have to slow down to atleast 45 to stop the shaking.

I have two theories:

1) with the old suspension it was very loose and torn so the shaking was not so bad bc the loos suspension allowed for dampening of the shaking.

2) after the new tight suspention that does not allow for loose / virbrations and there is something there that is causing a small vibration allows it to effect the whole truck and makes it worse.

3) looking on youtube i see that its very similar style of shaking seen called death wobble if you just search that you will see....

my friend said it might be the strut bc he said since it mainly happens in left hand turn that means there is a small bounce and it gets magnified when turning ...

any ideas. I am getting to a point where i poured a lot of money and its just getting worse....i love it but i would love to just blow it up atm. HELP!!!!

Last edited by ArtMan; 11-25-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Sponsored Links