View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 02:51 PM

X5rolls is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rneedham1979 View Post
I had the Damaris installed at 37k miles. With roughly 53k on the clock, I needed new tires, which I was not pleased about. I did a little reading and opted to go with the Michelin Latitudes. They are fantastic. The X5 currently has 84k on and it the tires still look new. Plenty of thread remaining and are fantastic in the now or slipper road conditions.

I was caught in NH during a 5" snow storm, the car had the Damaris on them and I felt very sketched. The X5 was definitely all very the place. The latitudes are leaps and bounds better in the snow. I have never felt uneasy in the snow or icy road conditions since I installed them and they still handle remarkably on a dry surface.

Transitioning from the Damaris to the Latitude was a great choice and I don't feel I lost any turning, safety or braking performance at all.
Latitudes are all season and the Damaris are summer tires. The Damaris' could get you killed in the snow. I went to Latitudes (keeping the Damaris' for summer) and used them for winter but wasn't too happy with them. I bought Pirelli Scropion Snow Tires for winter, major upgrade over the Latitudes. Great traction even in the standard steam roller widths. The Damaris' are great for the summer but are starting to make a bit more noise now that they are wearing down - probably one more spring/summer/fall use and I'll be done with them.

Sponsored Links