View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:45 AM

mysweetx5 is on a distinguished road
Great job!

Once again! your inputs are truly appreciated!!! :I totally :agree: with the great jobs you're sharing in the forum. I've been doing my thing too just like you and never visited any stealer outhere cause of some great folks like you who have sharing pictures, posted comments on parts they have been replaced.
Even your issue has not been resolved yet, but you're getting there based on what you've been doing so far. If you sure that the rear intake cover has been cleaned or replaced, clean Oil separator specially check the little short hose that connect to the bottom part including the two upper. Because I remember that my bottom parts were melted like a showing gum and taring apart while pulling it slowly.

I think you should let the engine running for sometime so it can burn all the leaking oil that were sitting around the intake area. However I do have some heavy white smoke that comes out my intake muffler specially in the cold start morning, but after a few acceleration on take-off, the heavy white smoke disappeared and I do not suspected any leaking oil around. The only issue I've been having on my (01 X5 4.4i) is some ignoring vacuum leak with following codes: P0171/P0174/P1158/P1160. And I might be headed to the same rear intake area where you have been working through. Otherwise congratulation on your good performance because I know how it's a pain in the (S) to be working behind this rear intake cover to remove it and even taking pictures from behind inside through the front intake cover.

(01 X5 4.4i)
Attached Images

Last edited by mysweetx5; 02-24-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Sponsored Links