View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 PM

F150 Duke is on a distinguished road
2012 X5 35d Speculation - Trying to consolidate my research

All,

I’ve been doing a lot of thread reading on multiple BMW forums trying to get a feel for why the 2012 BMW X5d is not getting released with the other 2012 models. I thought you might care to see the consolidated list and as such I’ve listed the current theories below for your reading, please opine if you have any news or thoughts. This is all 3rd party speculation with common sources types of “my dealer” or “a friend that works at the plant”.

1. It was a mistake by BMW to release the ’12 BMW X5d packages and pricing. The engine and output is not changing for ’12 but they are adding the 8-speed transmission and that additional drivetrain change is the reason for the delay.
2. The 35d will now become the 45d with the same diesel and 8 speed auto in the X6. Output is estimated at 354 HP and 525lb torque. This drivetrain change is the reason for the change.
a. I personally find this one hard to believe or the naming in the guides would have been changed to 45d instead of 35d.
3. Drivetrain (engine and transmission) are staying the same in the diesel for ’12. The delay is because there is new technology in the new package structure that wasn’t previously offered on the diesel. These build changes will require changes at the plant which is the reason it was pushed off till the fall.

Sponsored Links