View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Xoutpost has disabled reputation
M Steering Wheel Retrofit - 2004+ Style

3) You definitely need a 2nd person to hold the steering wheel in place when you go to loosen the bolt that attaches the wheel to the car. That extra leverage was a big help, both loosening and tightening the bolt.

4) Notice that the old wheel has black and yellow connectors. The new
wheel has black and green connectors. The airbag module connection points are color coded black and green, so you won’t have any problems figuring out the connections

5) You will need to use screwdrivers to press onto the "clip spings" in order to get the airbag to seat properly into the new wheel. I actually had a bit more success with a philips head rather than a flat head.

It took me almost as long to get the white connector off and the bolt to break free as it did to perform the rest of the install, including getting to the darn battery to disconnect it. I'd say it took me an hour start to finish, taking my time and treating the airbag module with the utmost respect. I made sure to wrap the battery connecter in a towel and then some plastic once it was disconnected to be absolutely sure there was no power anywhere in the vehicle. As others have mentioned, once you reconnect everything, you have to reset your clock and you lost trip computer data. Not a big deal at all.

Here are some more pics:

Old wheel with airbag ‘unclipped’.

The new wheel all set to be installed:

Sponsored Links