View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 09:43 PM

TriX5 is on a distinguished road
In the end I had to cut one hose as the plastic ring was damaged and would not unlock the quick connect. I hated this part, oil gets all over the place....and I guess now I have to peel the cooler off the rad to do surgery on the remaining quick connect? How is it attached?

So now, with lots of stops and starts, I now have the top bolts out (thx for the hint that they can be accessed from above) and the ones with the nuts are out as well. The others are backed out just enough to come out by hand. I took all the wiring off after taking a picture of how it is attached. I took the fan and shroud off so I can turn the crankshaft from the front as it is time to take the Torq Conv bolts out. One is out but then I got alerted that my son had fished up a computer virus...aaargh.

Virus eliminated and now I think I am ready to get a motorcycle jack, undo the rear brace and and start wiggling it out. Do I need to support the engine while removing the AT? How far does the assembly have to tilt back to allow the trans to separate from the engine?

Sponsored Links