View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 08:51 PM

bigwave2255 is on a distinguished road
absolutely, in-fact i had no idea that anyone thought any thing but they were excellent well built cars, my experience with work associates etc was that everyone was more than happy, in fact most people were repeat purchasers.

it wasn't till i came here that i started to worry that maybe i had bought a vehicle that was going to bring me grief, i started to worry over every little thing

however after having put 40,000 km and one year on my 2005 3.0d, i have to say i am very happy and would buy another.

however i have to say i dont cheap skate on servicing, i have mine looked at every 10,000 km and what ever needs doing gets done, i also am paid an allowance to maintain a vehicle so its not coming out of my disposable income, that said i haven't experienced any of the problems discussed here ( except for the "Lurch" that is, and after having the trans fluid replaced and software up grade that has been rectified)

i recently had the opportunity to ride in a friends toyota kluger (spelling?) and while toyota has a very high reputation for quality i felt it was a light weight and cheaply built car compared to my X5

all said im very happy with my X and subscribe to the "ultimate driving machine philosophy"

Ewen

Sponsored Links