View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 12:10 PM

stlcity is on a distinguished road
Thinking of X5M: newbie questions

Hi all. This is my first post on this board. I have been lurking around for sometime now. Have a couple of questions for u guys. As the title shows I am thinking of getting a X5M. The issue is that I have not test driven one. The dealers here tell me that the M series automobiles are hard to come by. I did test drive the V8....it was a great experience. So I can only imagine that the M will be like with all the extra torque and the extra 150Hp....

I have a couple of questions for u enthusiasts:

1. How does it do in winter and snow? It comes with performance tires I know. How much do the winter tires cost?

2. If an used car comes along should I consider it? On one hand is the thought that the previous owner must have used it as its meant to be ( ): therefore is it worth the risk to get one used? On the other hand could save about 10 grand...

3. Read about the chipping issue. U guys talk about 3M/clearBra...forgive my ignorance: what are they and can I get it done at the dealer before I pick the car? Going with the posts looks like u guys got the whole front and the sides covered with it right?

4. What packages would u guys absolutely recomend? Thinking of ventilated seats, drivers assistance, premium sound and cold weather package....

Reading through the posts looks like 500-1000$ above invoice seems to be the sweet point. Thanks in advance.

it was good to find this forum.....

Sponsored Links