View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:21 PM

ychang is on a distinguished road
Need advice to purchase new 2012 X5 35i

I have tons of research to buy my family's(wife's?) hauler replacing 2004 Infiniti FX35. After test driving of competitive candiates, Q7, Q5 and Cayenne, we finally decided to choose X5 35i.

Now it's time to negotiate. I know just missed Mission to Drive promotion. But I want to make a reasonable deal by hearing your feedbacks.

Truecar.com says

BMW X5 35i Sport Activity white/black with conveience package, technology package, premium hifi audio, 3rd row seat, and leather dashboard.

MSRP $68,575
Invoice $63,555
Average paid $63,255

excluding $1,700 option credit and $1,000 BMWFS credit.

I thought I just will go 'haggle-free' way as long as the Truecar offer is close to the average price. But Truecar dealers around Atlanta, GA area (United and Athens) offer way much higher price ($1,500 above invoice excluding incentives) than the average. Based on, however, posts on here and edmunds recently, they could get offered around invoice price.

How much over invoice should I get these days? Can I still use the average paid price on Truecar.com for negotiation? I will stop by other dealers tomorrow. But I don't want to make an too high first offer.

Also if I use BMWFS for financing, can I have both 0.9% APR and $1,000 credit? I read a post here saying that I only can get one of these. But I cannot find the restriction on BMW website.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links