View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 AM

TerminatorX5 is on a distinguished road
I have the same camera #2 off the post #5 in this thread.

Instead of cutting into the trunk handle in order to fit a $20 camera, I cut the camera open to fit into the $150 part of the $75K car.

Here are some pics
http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...a-navi-14.html

The manufacturer connects the topview box to the OBDII computer and pulls the steering info from there - I can not confirm that those reverse steering lines will be operational on the X5, even though I think it would be awesome. Manufacturer needs a specific signal, that I do not know if that signal is present in the X5 OBDII pinout. I will look up in the docs, to see what they call that signal, and will post that info for you guys to decipher...

I still think that it is a bit too steep to pay $400 + $60 for FedEx for the system with 4 cameras and calibration keys. The system is calibrated similar to the Alpine system that I saw on the Youtube - you have sheets of pattern laid around the car at prescribed distances, and then calibrate the views of the cameras to "fuse" the images into one continuous image around the vehicle...

I have not asked the manufacturer about the static image of the car in the middle, if that could "match" the actual X5 that we have, and maybe even the color of the car... it is a bit too much at this point, as some other issues are still not resolved...

Sponsored Links