View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:29 PM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungpao View Post
Hey Ricky!! I got a random orbit polisher for Christmas. Can I come visit you for some lessons on how to use it?

OP: I'm in the same boat as you are. I read lots of boards and watch lots of videos. (just got the griots garage random orbit polisher and the griots website has a slew of videos on there that make me less afraid to try it out) That thread RB's talking about with the FG400 is pretty neat. I'm leaning towards using that product after reading that thread.
absolutely man! which did you get the griots or the Porter cable?

Let me know what pads you have and what products you are planning to use for it, as far as the compounding goes, I can attest that using a product like the Menzerna FG400 (havent tried yet), Meguiars D300 Compound, or their Ultimate Compound, or M105 all are best used withe the microfiber cutting pads you can buy from DD or meguiars. its really amazing nowadays what you can correct with a machine, without making a mess of dust and without risk of harming your finish.

if you have any Q's just hit me up.

Mike, you set a nice order of steps down and some helpful vids for this guy, hope he gets a sweet shine like yours!
2013 X5 35D (CEO's) - Born on 5/17/2013 -
68k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links