View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 AM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyX5 View Post
I did this job about 6 months ago and had a couple of casualties,(wheel bearings) . Make sure you press the new wheel bearing on the correct ring. I destroyed the new bearing when I pressed it in and didn't noticed it until everything was put together and my X5 front wheels started shaking. Good Luck
what do you mean press it on the correct ring? Not sure if I follow you..

Update from last night although I didn't do much, I know everyone hammers the axle out of the hub but I'm not a fan of that in case the punch slips and damages the axle threads or something else. But I used the axle flange for the slide hammer and the threaded rod in the kit which is used with a hub puller and "pushed" the axle inwards out of the hub, very easy to do.

Tonight I will have more time to play, need to disconnect the strut but waited to do that until I got the axle pushed inwards, and swing the hub carrier forward so I can get the axle out of the way, then I will hammer the hub out of the carrier tonight hopefully and press a new bearing in.
2013 X5 35D (CEO's) - Born on 5/17/2013 -
68k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links