View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 11:19 AM

seriousPSI is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 View Post
I am about to buy a just out of warranty X5M don't want warrantee because I am going to mod it and in Canada that voids your warranty any way. However this is scaring me don't get me wrong if I found one under warranty for a good price I would jump on it but they are about $10,000 more with lower mileage and warranty.
Can't direct you there... what I can tell you is it was not the vehicle as much as the handling of the situation coupled with incompetence. They had the car for 69 days for what essentially came down to a hot high pressure coolant leak and a botched coolant replacement. They replaced a bunch of parts on the vehicle as part of "goodwill" but I ended up with a settlement from them which was more than they originally offered, I took it and traded in the vehicle.

I always liked the vehicle, but I traded it in due to the handling of this situation with BMW and personally I would not drive one out of warranty simply because of the cost of replacement parts/labor. Sounds to me that labor or cost may not be an issue to you as much so choose as you do.

Most of the time you get what you pay for, but not always...

Sponsored Links