View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 AM

Happy is on a distinguished road
I personally like the gearing. For me as a 5 speed owner I would REALLY like to have the 6th gear for the freeway, but otherwise find the gearing to be ok. Is there any chance the gearing and diff's are different from truck to truck? The supercharger combined with the gearing especially 1st, 2nd, and 3rd is pretty amazing. 4th I don't know, maybe it's me or I just haven't found the sweet spot but its kinda blah. 5th is cool because I can easily pass on the freeway with great pickup by flooring it. I always set my cruise at 70 mph, but once I find my place on the freeway I need 6th gear bottom line. The brand new X5's are somewhere in the 2000 rpm range at 70 mph in I believe 7th gear judging by a quick glance at their cluster, correct me if I am wrong please, curious to know. My mileage is too low to replace the tranny right now, but maybe when it's clutch time I can locate a 6 speed tranny and upgrade. 6 gears along with the supercharger should get me a few mpg's, the supercharger alone helped quite a bit in conjunction with the cruise.

Sponsored Links