View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 10:45 PM

amor is on a distinguished road
Air spring

It is possible to get it done individually but you are better off doing both of them at once. Let me clear one side and the other while the car is in jack stands I had my tools from harbor freight and you need jack stand and floor jack and 10 mm socket and also 10 mm open wrench to slowly let air out on the reservoir as you loosen the bolt to listen the hissing sound as the air oozing out for 2mns . When you remove the pipe from the air spring you have to pull the black contour edge with a plyer toward the back. It is important to be gentle with black contour at the she of the pipe cause if u break it u have to buy anew reservoir that comes with the pipe ( it is not sold separately). It happens to me now I am waiting for my reservoir and height sensors to get my level back and my friend had just installed GT1on his laptop to help recalibrate it. If you are replacing the air spring , there is no need for recalibration. My case is different cause the sensors needed to change. Take your time and get familiar with your x5 it is worth it cause u will save $ 1000 from the dealer.
NB u can either disconnect the battery or remove the fuses 30a and 25a check the numbers when the car in jack stand . When done with air spring , put the fuses or connect the battery as the tires slightly touch the ground. Do research on it

Jet black BMW
2005 x5 4.4i sport package, self level suspension, Panorama roof

Sponsored Links