View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 05:15 PM

nom3rcy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrew View Post
Thanks, Brian! I'll get under the car again after work, take a better look to see what else I may need. Do you ship parts? Also, do you know think I can cut out a section of the tubing and splice it? I can't really tell where it routes too, I only see a small section of it peeking out from the wheel well liner that was torn open. I am assuming it goes to the canister, but I'm not even 100% sure of that... I can't find any good diagrams or illustrations, except for a parts explosion, which doesn't show parts in relation to where they are installed in the X5. The other thing, I noticed, is that the ABS Wheel speed sensor connector (inboard or harness side of connector), up under the wheel well, seems to have two sets of cables that were cut... one, appears inside the wrapping to be simply two white small gauge wires, which I believe do go to the connector for ABS wheel speed sensor. I think there is a set of thicker gauge wires in the wrap too, that were torn off when the tire blew, but I can't find another end where they go... these thicker wires now are all frayed copper strand wires, where the insulation was all torn off, so I can't even tell what color wires they were... any clue what the other pair of wires in that same harness are for, where they might go? I don't have a lift at home, so I haven't been able to get the tire back off to further investigate, cut the wire harness wrapping back further..
I ship parts all the time, so thats not a problem.

I'm not sure I have much to add beyond what Gregory has said. Without seeing the car and the wires it's just too hard for me to guess at whats going on there.

I assume you were looking at realoem for the diagrams?

Sponsored Links