View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 12:31 PM

Ricky Bobby will become famous soon enough
Good suggestions guys, I will keep the 0000 steel wool and barkeepers friend ideas in hand, for now I'm going to see what I can accomplish with what I have "off the shelf".

-Mothers Water Spot Remover
-PC DA polisher with Yellow, Orange, and Green pads (6.5", I know I'll need smaller ones to get the corners eventually, the 4" pads and 3" bp are on my next order from DD)
-Menzerna SF4000 polish
-Menzerna FG400 compound

I had a few back and forth emails with Phil at DD and he suggested to try out the FG400 compound I have from Menzerna and let him know how it finishes on glass. I'm all about the "least aggressive method first" crowd, and know I will probably have to use my PC with some pads in order to save my elbows.

I used the Mothers Water Spot Remover I have on my shelf last night, applied with a MF applicator by hand, using elbow grease, definitely came out clearer, but some spots still remain. I may actually start out using the Mothers Glass polish with my PC and pads, and see what results I get. I know its a gentler polish than say a Menzerna FG400 compound, or at least I hope it is. Regardless, I will try and get some before and afters of the process and let everyone know what products work.
82k miles - Alpine White/Cinnamon Brown/Premium Pkg, Sport Activity/Premium Pkg and Sound/20" Style 214/Running Boards

Sponsored Links