View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 10:59 AM

Gregory891 is on a distinguished road
If you have the pixel problem, this can be repaired (it's a known problem, typically with the internal ribbon cable from the electronics to the display). I've sorted this out, easy to remove the head unit and send it off (there are some reliable guys who advertise in the BMW CCA Roundel magazine who offer this service).

Installing a 6 speed is possible BUT you'd also have to sort our different length drive shafts, transaxle & mounting and a few other items (I've converted auto BMW's to manual so am familiar with this). Feasabile, yes. Economical, no.

My X5 is a 2002 and also no sunroof, roof rails, DSP and other items. I had a cloth interior and upgraded to leather (and gained power, heated sport seats up front).

You mentioned all oils, this includes transmission, transfer case and both diff's? Did you replace the power steering oil (and reservoir to be able to change the filter)?
Factory Xenon headlights, Spyder LED tail lights
Updated vortex crankcase breather.
Motorsport dead pedal, factory fire extinguisher, factory first aid kit, factory F&R mud flaps, factory PDC

Bilstein B6 shocks F&R
Redline oil has replaced "lifetime" fluids (F&R diff, manual transmission, transfer case and P/S).
Dimple magnetic drain plugs in all compartments.

Sponsored Links