View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 12:04 PM

95M3Gretchen_&_06X5Rolf is on a distinguished road
Clutches / flywheels / starting in 2nd

Hi all,

3-4K sounds high - I do most of my own work but a clutch swap was too much a few years ago for my old M3 (E36 3.0L inline 6, so should be comparable) - I had my trusted indy install a UUC lightweight flywheel and an M5 clutch and the total for the job (and parts) was around 3, so stock parts ought to be less. Sounds like you're in NJ?, but if not and you're in MD I'd be happy to direct you to my trusted guy.

As for that stump pulling 1st - I'm beginning to master the gentle pull away from 1st but I only use it when at a complete stop and not on a downhill, otherwise I always do a gentle start in 2nd (unless running from the law or gun toting Floridians).
1995 M3 (Gretchen) dakar/blk, 186K miles, ECIS CAIS w/ EURO HFM, Turner Chip, Stygar SS, X brace, 24lb Ford injectors, UUC mounts & swaybarbarians, aluminum cooling system components, Euro brake components & SS lines, underdrive pulleys, aluminum machined interior pieces, custom yellow on yellow flag decals, carbon fiber splitters & more...loves to be driven hard & put away wet.
2006 X5 (Rolf) silver / blk, 6spd manual, 54K miles, former BMW Munich Corporate Exec car, like new.

Sponsored Links