View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 10:57 PM

bsaunder is on a distinguished road
Well, a PUMA case was opened on it and since I have gotten it back, it has been running without the CEL at all. We have had several sub 20F nights and mornings, so it appears they at least addressed part of it. This time around they cleaned the entire intake, resealed the turbo fittings, replaced the air temp sensor (again), replaced the MAF (again), and replaced the air filter (again). There is also a line for PCM update, but it doesn't list any details.

However, it feels like they detuned the car. Driving in and around town in D feels like a standard run of the mill car and DS feels like D used to feel like. Once on the highway and over 45mph, the car feels lively again (like a BMW should). I've tried resetting the transmission and it didn't seem like much difference. The throttle response from a stand still is extremely laggy as well where it used to have very little lag. Service is asking me to give it a couple more weeks before I bring it back in...

The 2014 X5 35d that I had as a loaner (and nearly identical options), was a completely different car as far as throttle response and performance. So we shall see..

Sponsored Links