Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW Related Forums > Detailing Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Sponsored by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 11-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 19
Justinhab is on a distinguished road
New "No Name" Uber Super Plush Towel

Hey Phil,

Have you had any issues with bad lint when using the "No Name" Uber Super Plush Towels?

I ask because I just detailed my Carbon Black X5 and I used my Adams Super Plush blue towels to remove the 85th RD and Swissvax Onyx. It turned into an absolute nightmare, the lint fibers we sticking to the paint so badly I had to do 50/50 (alcohol water) mix to remove the wax and start over with different towels . It's almost like the paint surface had a lot of static and the lint fibers were adhering to it.

I've never had this issue before and i've only done about 5 or 6 details with these same towels. It's frustrating since the towels are not the cheapest.

Basically I need to buy all new towels and wanted to make sure I wont have the same issue's with the "No Name" Uber Super Plush Towels.

Thanks,
Justin
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #152  
Old 11-03-2010, 03:23 PM
detailersdomain's Avatar
Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,882
detailersdomain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinhab View Post
Hey Phil,

Have you had any issues with bad lint when using the "No Name" Uber Super Plush Towels?

I ask because I just detailed my Carbon Black X5 and I used my Adams Super Plush blue towels to remove the 85th RD and Swissvax Onyx. It turned into an absolute nightmare, the lint fibers we sticking to the paint so badly I had to do 50/50 (alcohol water) mix to remove the wax and start over with different towels . It's almost like the paint surface had a lot of static and the lint fibers were adhering to it.

I've never had this issue before and i've only done about 5 or 6 details with these same towels. It's frustrating since the towels are not the cheapest.

Basically I need to buy all new towels and wanted to make sure I wont have the same issue's with the "No Name" Uber Super Plush Towels.

Thanks,
Justin
Justin you definitely got a static charge to create that much lint.

the no names just like all plush towels will create lint.

You maybe better off with the uber classic or our uber all purpose.

I would not toss the adam's out its still a great towel.
__________________
Philip Yiu
Detailer's Domain
[email protected]
tel: 201-233-0003
www.detailersdomain.com
promo code is BMW for 10% off
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 01-26-2011, 03:11 AM
cpgifford's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 89
cpgifford is on a distinguished road
Phil,

On my X I have a decent clear coat shine, What Car wash soap would you recommend for washing to keep the shine and protect the clear coat?

Thanks
Chris
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 01-26-2011, 10:11 AM
detailersdomain's Avatar
Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,882
detailersdomain is on a distinguished road
I would go with Lusso Auto Bathe
__________________
Philip Yiu
Detailer's Domain
[email protected]
tel: 201-233-0003
www.detailersdomain.com
promo code is BMW for 10% off
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 44
Toopskees is on a distinguished road
My 2012 X5 is finally in production, and the dealer expects it to be delivered in around 3 weeks. I opted out of the dealer-provided paint sealant which is obviously a rip-off. However, I do want to protect this investment. Should I get a professional detail, and if so what services should I ask for? Many thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 03-28-2011, 06:34 PM
detailersdomain's Avatar
Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,882
detailersdomain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopskees View Post
My 2012 X5 is finally in production, and the dealer expects it to be delivered in around 3 weeks. I opted out of the dealer-provided paint sealant which is obviously a rip-off. However, I do want to protect this investment. Should I get a professional detail, and if so what services should I ask for? Many thanks in advance.
I would pick up either einszett glanz wax or menzerna power lock.

and if you bring it to a detailer get him to put it on for you.

better yet you should probably just wash, clay, lightly polish, wax your own car.
__________________
Philip Yiu
Detailer's Domain
[email protected]
tel: 201-233-0003
www.detailersdomain.com
promo code is BMW for 10% off
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 04-03-2011, 03:08 PM
UrbanFlow's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 25
UrbanFlow is on a distinguished road
Treating scuffs on plastic bumpers

Hi Phil,

Forgive me if you've already answered this somewhere - but I started reading all the threads (great tips) but by the time I got to page 8 I realised I could be here some time. So - to cut to the chase...
I have an '03 X5 and the lower front bumper which is black plastic has some minor scuff either side. They show up more in certain light and when the car is dirty.
Pic below - Any tips you could offer would be much appreciated.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Silver 3.0i SPORT
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 04-03-2011, 04:08 PM
detailersdomain's Avatar
Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,882
detailersdomain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanFlow View Post
Hi Phil,

Forgive me if you've already answered this somewhere - but I started reading all the threads (great tips) but by the time I got to page 8 I realised I could be here some time. So - to cut to the chase...
I have an '03 X5 and the lower front bumper which is black plastic has some minor scuff either side. They show up more in certain light and when the car is dirty.
Pic below - Any tips you could offer would be much appreciated.
unfortunately that's not dirt, that's a scratch caused by someone hitting a curb, ice, another car.

if you want that to go away you will need to replace it.

you could sand some of it off to even it out but I'm going to say it may not look good.
__________________
Philip Yiu
Detailer's Domain
[email protected]
tel: 201-233-0003
www.detailersdomain.com
promo code is BMW for 10% off
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Naz24's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,603
Naz24 is on a distinguished road
Adding to what phil said..

i think just using Armor-all or something similar to "dress" your trim MIGHT make it less noticeable..

but like phil said, it needs to be replaced..
__________________
NAZARIO
2015 M3 / 2012 X5M
BMWCCA



Kiss French, Wear Italian, Drive German
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 04-04-2011, 08:05 AM
UrbanFlow's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 25
UrbanFlow is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the replies - Phil and Naz
You're right of course, I do need to replace the trim. When I can afford to I will.

However, I just tried Armorall after a thorough wash and it looks pretty awesome as a temp fix!

Cheers guys.
__________________
Silver 3.0i SPORT
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.