Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW Related Forums > Tire, Wheel, Brake and Suspension Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2008, 02:01 PM
ttzcar's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 49
ttzcar is on a distinguished road
22" tire size advice

So I've tried researching this entire forum before posting and could not find an answer.
I saw some rims on Ebay, that I am about ready to order. I have a couple of days to make the decision. They're 22 x 9.5 front and back. I guess they're all the same so I'd be losing my off-set? Is this correct?
Now the true question is with 9.5 wide rims could I fit 285's on there? Because I have 285 x 19's now and anything thinner than that is a no go for me. 22's x 10's are alot more expensive than these 9.5's.
Also, say this works out. Could I fit a 45 series tire on 22's or would it rub somwhere? 285/45/22? A buddy has a 50 series tire on his Escalade and looks looks nice. I'm not a fan of the really thin tire looks, but I guess I'll have to do it if there's not other option.

Thanks,
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 01-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Krunk Man's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,663
Krunk Man is on a distinguished road
285/35/22
It will rub if you go anything taller.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
Dblock2151's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 1,105
Dblock2151 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttzcar
So I've tried researching this entire forum before posting and could not find an answer.
I saw some rims on Ebay, that I am about ready to order. I have a couple of days to make the decision. They're 22 x 9.5 front and back. I guess they're all the same so I'd be losing my off-set? Is this correct?
Now the true question is with 9.5 wide rims could I fit 285's on there? Because I have 285 x 19's now and anything thinner than that is a no go for me. 22's x 10's are alot more expensive than these 9.5's.
Also, say this works out. Could I fit a 45 series tire on 22's or would it rub somwhere? 285/45/22? A buddy has a 50 series tire on his Escalade and looks looks nice. I'm not a fan of the really thin tire looks, but I guess I'll have to do it if there's not other option.

Thanks,
What's up bro, I have 22x10.5 all around, and I'm running 285/30/22's on all four corners. For your setup, I'd go with a 275/35 all around. Going taller with the tires will increase comfort, but then it'll also mess up your speedo, and most importantly gas mileage.
__________________
2001 Topaz Blue X5 3.0i Current 2017-
Aftermarket: Dinan Tunes/Camber Plates/Strutbar, KW coilovers, 22" ACS wheels, Eibach F+R swaybars, Thayer Camber+Toe bars, Stoptech F+R BBK, Audison/JL Audio/Critical Mass Audio, Eisenmann Exhaust
OEM: LCI Conversion, Running Boards, Euro Headlights, Lemans flares, 4.8IS F+R bumpers w/ flares, 20" Style 214 wheels, Imola Red interior retrofit, LCI Heated Wheel

2002 Topaz Blue X5 3.0i Retired 2002-2010
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2008, 08:46 PM
toohotdoc's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NorthWest
Posts: 731
toohotdoc is on a distinguished road
i would go for 285/30/22 for a better look(dunlop sp9000 would be my choice) or choose the 285/35/22 (diamaris) for better comfort.
__________________
" Despite its supercar attributes, the M5 still doubles as a soberly practical, spacious saloon - only with the ability to scare four passengers in comfort all the way to the local coronary unit". Top Gear
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Dblock2151's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 1,105
Dblock2151 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohotdoc
i would go for 285/30/22 for a better look(dunlop sp9000 would be my choice) or choose the 285/35/22 (diamaris) for better comfort.
I love my Dunlop SP9000's, although next time I'll go for cheaper tires. At one point each tire ran $650 a pop!
__________________
2001 Topaz Blue X5 3.0i Current 2017-
Aftermarket: Dinan Tunes/Camber Plates/Strutbar, KW coilovers, 22" ACS wheels, Eibach F+R swaybars, Thayer Camber+Toe bars, Stoptech F+R BBK, Audison/JL Audio/Critical Mass Audio, Eisenmann Exhaust
OEM: LCI Conversion, Running Boards, Euro Headlights, Lemans flares, 4.8IS F+R bumpers w/ flares, 20" Style 214 wheels, Imola Red interior retrofit, LCI Heated Wheel

2002 Topaz Blue X5 3.0i Retired 2002-2010
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2008, 10:30 PM
toohotdoc's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NorthWest
Posts: 731
toohotdoc is on a distinguished road
i also had those tires and paid that amount and bought them twice since having the car but now i got the dunlop sport maxx in 22s and i can say they made them even better. I guess thats why i dont complain about 22s, tires make a substantial difference.
__________________
" Despite its supercar attributes, the M5 still doubles as a soberly practical, spacious saloon - only with the ability to scare four passengers in comfort all the way to the local coronary unit". Top Gear
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Dblock2151's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 1,105
Dblock2151 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohotdoc
i also had those tires and paid that amount and bought them twice since having the car but now i got the dunlop sport maxx in 22s and i can say they made them even better. I guess thats why i dont complain about 22s, tires make a substantial difference.
I feel the same way. And I'm loving the Breyton's on your car bro, I'm really thinking of buying a set.
__________________
2001 Topaz Blue X5 3.0i Current 2017-
Aftermarket: Dinan Tunes/Camber Plates/Strutbar, KW coilovers, 22" ACS wheels, Eibach F+R swaybars, Thayer Camber+Toe bars, Stoptech F+R BBK, Audison/JL Audio/Critical Mass Audio, Eisenmann Exhaust
OEM: LCI Conversion, Running Boards, Euro Headlights, Lemans flares, 4.8IS F+R bumpers w/ flares, 20" Style 214 wheels, Imola Red interior retrofit, LCI Heated Wheel

2002 Topaz Blue X5 3.0i Retired 2002-2010
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-16-2008, 01:26 AM
Krunk Man's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,663
Krunk Man is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblock2151
I feel the same way. And I'm loving the Breyton's on your car bro, I'm really thinking of buying a set.
let me know when u want to sell yours.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Vendor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 114
doc@tirerack is on a distinguished road
Only size we guarantee for a 9.5" wheel is 285/35-22, with Yokohama HTR Sport starting off at $ 170 (on sale), Michelin Diamaris @ $ 347 each
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Kris@modmynav's Avatar
Vendor
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,001
Kris@modmynav is on a distinguished road
I have Pirelli Scorpion Zero 295/30/R22 all around for my 22x10, 22x10.5
Have no problem yet
__________________

::modmynav.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.