Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X ///M Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-14-2010, 03:35 PM
mswaz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kirkland, WA.
Posts: 288
mswaz is on a distinguished road
Yes plate number is on there for sure but apply plausible deniability.... Maybe the cop saw an X6 and thought it was you? Judge likely doesn't know the difference.

Might be worth a try.
__________________
2013 BMW X5 M
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #12  
Old 01-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 460
998M is on a distinguished road
Don't fight them. You will always lose. Best option is to find a traffic attorney. Pay him/her $300. They will go to the prosecutor and tell them that you are an upstanding person, hasnít had a ticket in 3.5 years and is willing to go to defensive driving, bla bla bla. Good news is that you are in Minn. They may knock it down to a fine with no points. I just got off the phone with my attorney. He knocked an 8 point ticket down to 4. Yeah, I get to drive for another year.

I live in Wisconsin. They put two bullets in the rear window then ask you to pull over. I live in a neighborhood where they pull you over for 28 in a 25.

And then go buy a laser jammer. My recommendation is Laser Interceptor. Mine will be installed next week.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-14-2010, 06:20 PM
HIRISC's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 498
HIRISC is on a distinguished road
^^ LOL at the 2 bullets comment. When we drive to my in-laws in Chi-town, I drive on the speed limit through WI.

I'll just pay it.. MN doesn't have points, and the county that I got the ticket doesn't negotiate 'down' to public nuisance or whatever.

I was speeding - not by very much - but I'm probably due.

Jammers are very illegal in MN - very fast way to lose your license (and they can tell if you have one). Don't know the law in WI.
__________________
Go 50i or go home
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 460
998M is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIRISC View Post
^^ LOL at the 2 bullets comment. When we drive to my in-laws in Chi-town, I drive on the speed limit through WI.

I'll just pay it.. MN doesn't have points, and the county that I got the ticket doesn't negotiate 'down' to public nuisance or whatever.

I was speeding - not by very much - but I'm probably due.

Jammers are very illegal in MN - very fast way to lose your license (and they can tell if you have one). Don't know the law in WI.

Holy crap. I didn't know they were illegal in MN. I drive to Minn all the time. Thank you for the info. Got pulled over just outside of Minn last month in my M3 for no front plate. He could clearly see the jammer next to my plate, never said a word.

Shoot, no point. No slow down. While I like it, not sure how that works. You can just keep blasting around and pay the fines and they never take your lic. Sweet
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-14-2010, 09:30 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 998M View Post
Holy crap. I didn't know they were illegal in MN. I drive to Minn all the time. Thank you for the info. Got pulled over just outside of Minn last month in my M3 for no front plate. He could clearly see the jammer next to my plate, never said a word.
They can ticket you in another state for no front plate? I guess I have been lucky.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-14-2010, 10:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 460
998M is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansX5 View Post
They can ticket you in another state for no front plate? I guess I have been lucky.
No ticket but was a pain.

My wife got pulled over here in WI for no plate a month or so ago. The police officer is telling her she has not front plate and my wife has no idea what he is talking about. I called her cell phone just as he is trying to explain it to her. She looks at the phone and say "oh, this is my husband." She flips open her phone and trys to hand it to the officer for me to talk with him.

She did get a ticket but if you take it to the police station with the front plate installed they will waive it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by 998M View Post
No ticket but was a pain.

My wife got pulled over here in WI for no plate a month or so ago. The police officer is telling her she has not front plate and my wife has no idea what he is talking about. I called her cell phone just as he is trying to explain it to her. She looks at the phone and say "oh, this is my husband." She flips open her phone and trys to hand it to the officer for me to talk with him.

She did get a ticket but if you take it to the police station with the front plate installed they will waive it.
Ok. Just velcro the plate and take to station.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 460
998M is on a distinguished road
I would never do something like that...

I used double sided tape. It fell off in the garage about 5 days later.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 AM
m5james's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kirkland, WA to Alexandria, VA - Now in Marysville, WA
Posts: 4,001
m5james is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansX5 View Post
They can ticket you in another state for no front plate? I guess I have been lucky.
Of course you can. Laws are state by state, just like if I rode my bike from Idaho into Oregon, I could be busted for not wearing a helmet. A friend of mine got pulled over by a cop and was literally told he couldn't drive his car due to the tint, so he was either forced to peel it off on the spot or have it towed. It all comes down to the cop and if he got picked on in high school.
__________________

650hp 10 X5///M - Stage 2, Vibrant 1794's , gutted cats, custom intake, AC Forged 22's
325hp 98 BMW 740iL - ///M5 6spd, www.bavengine.com w/ Performance Option, electric fan, CF intake tube w/ heatshield, Mag 14816 w/ notched bumper, Bilstein/H&R Stage II/Powerflex

600+hp 02 Harley F150 - MHP900 Stage 3 engine, KB2.3, 8# lower, 60# inj, Walbro FP's

135hp 01 TL1000R - M4 full exhaust, K&N, Yosh box, -1/+2 gears, 2CT's
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-15-2010, 01:18 AM
HIRISC's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 498
HIRISC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 998M View Post
Holy crap. I didn't know they were illegal in MN. I drive to Minn all the time. Thank you for the info. Got pulled over just outside of Minn last month in my M3 for no front plate. He could clearly see the jammer next to my plate, never said a word.

Shoot, no point. No slow down. While I like it, not sure how that works. You can just keep blasting around and pay the fines and they never take your lic. Sweet
There is a point where you'll be asked to come to court - I think it's 3 tickets in a rolling 12 month period. I've been lucky not to be in that position.

Generally, you can afford the tickets, but the insurance increase after a few tickets tend to get the point across to slow down.

Re Laser jammers - read this:
Minnesota Radar Detector Laws - RadarBusters.com
__________________
Go 50i or go home
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.