Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X ///M Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 11-04-2011, 03:41 PM
stlcity's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where winters are long
Posts: 139
stlcity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMpower View Post
Wow, that really sucks. I was misled by my dealer then who said that 2012 X5s have LED corona rings and I was all pumped.

So I guess only the X5 35i, 35d, and 50i have those LEDs starting with 2012 and X5M doesn't?

That seems like such a sham! BMW should do much better than that. I am disappointed that top of the line X5 still has those crappy looking yellow rings, and the "lesser" ones have awesome-looking bluish-white rings.
Makes no sense.

Definately waiting for the 2013 model.
Seems like changes percolate down slowly through different models. For example, saw the HUD for the first time early last year on my friends 7. It also has night vision, lane shift warning and other goodies that still are not an option on the X5. I agree with you, makes no sense.

Anyways I talked to my CA: said that I am eligible for the 1000$ credit as long as I finance thru BMW finance. Specially need to thank u LeMans for pointing it out to me. Saved a grand.

This board is awesome that way. It has been a learning process for the past few mths and people here have been very patient in answering the newbie questions.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #72  
Old 11-04-2011, 03:47 PM
stlcity's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where winters are long
Posts: 139
stlcity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMpower View Post
By the way, I love this forum!

Thanks to all for the depth of knowledge and experience. We know more than the dealers do!

Glad to be a part of this community.
. The first few CA that I dealt with were ignorant on a lot of stuff that I asked them: got answers from this board. The present one that I deal with is very good, knowledgeable, not pushy and very patient: not the typical car salesman. Its been a pleasure dealing with him. (Wanted to test drive the Porsche Cayenne turbo: he picked up the keys gave it to me and told me to take it for a spin. He told me to bring it back in a few hours. Dint even bother to accompany me in the car... It was fun).

What do u guys think of this:

Turner Motorsport | Black Center Grills - E70 X5, E71 X6

or

Genuine BMW E70/E71 Gloss Black Kidney Grills X5 X6 Set | eBay

Any other suggestions? Thanks/

Last edited by stlcity; 11-04-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 11-04-2011, 05:26 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcity View Post
Anyways I talked to my CA: said that I am eligible for the 1000$ credit as long as I finance thru BMW finance. Specially need to thank u LeMans for pointing it out to me. Saved a grand.
Happy to help.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 11-04-2011, 05:30 PM
LeMansX5's Avatar
Admin
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 20,257
LeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura aboutLeMansX5 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcity View Post
I prefer High gloss or Carbon fiber.
FYI; The guy on the ebay link for grills you posted is on this board. He is from PaulMiller BMW in NJ.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 11-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 243
iMpower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansX5 View Post
I prefer High gloss or Carbon fiber.
FYI; The guy on the ebay link for grills you posted is on this board. He is from PaulMiller BMW in NJ.

I looked at that one on the bmwusa.com and I thought it was not available for the X5s?
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 11-04-2011, 07:16 PM
mswaz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kirkland, WA.
Posts: 288
mswaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcity View Post
. The first few CA that I dealt with were ignorant on a lot of stuff that I asked them: got answers from this board. The present one that I deal with is very good, knowledgeable, not pushy and very patient: not the typical car salesman. Its been a pleasure dealing with him. (Wanted to test drive the Porsche Cayenne turbo: he picked up the keys gave it to me and told me to take it for a spin. He told me to bring it back in a few hours. Dint even bother to accompany me in the car... It was fun).

What do u guys think of this:

Turner Motorsport | Black Center Grills - E70 X5, E71 X6

or

Genuine BMW E70/E71 Gloss Black Kidney Grills X5 X6 Set | eBay

Any other suggestions? Thanks/
I went with the BMW gloss black grills , ring is gloss black and the slats are flat plack. Also I would suggest clear euro markers for the front bumper. Getting rid of the amber makes a world of difference in my opinion. Another easy mod is LUX angel eys bulbs for the halos. It is a bit expensive but looks nice.

The M stiched mats for the X M variants are not as good as quality as my regular BMW mats. I would not suggest these at all.
Attached Images
   
__________________
2013 BMW X5 M

Last edited by mswaz; 11-04-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-04-2011, 07:33 PM
stlcity's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where winters are long
Posts: 139
stlcity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansX5 View Post
I prefer High gloss or Carbon fiber.
FYI; The guy on the ebay link for grills you posted is on this board. He is from PaulMiller BMW in NJ.
iMPower is right. That site says that the part is not available for the X5.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-04-2011, 07:38 PM
stlcity's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where winters are long
Posts: 139
stlcity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
I went with the BMW gloss black grills , ring is gloss black and the slats are flat plack. Also I would suggest clear euro markers for the front bumper. Getting rid of the amber makes a world of difference in my opinion. Another easy mod is LUX angel eys bulbs for the halos. It is a bit expensive but looks nice.

The M stiched mats for the X M variants are not as good as quality as my regular BMW mats. I would not suggest these at all.
Did U get the clear euro markers from IND? I already got the LUX angel bulb. THe dealer was supposed to put it in today. Sad that wont be able to run on the performance tires for too long as winter is around the corner.

Got the 3M coat and the glass tint done today. Think I will get the black kidney grills as I think they would look better on space gray than the steel ones that comes with the truck. Looks meaner...

My SG 50i with Gloss Black Grill and Painted Markers - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-04-2011, 08:06 PM
mswaz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kirkland, WA.
Posts: 288
mswaz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcity View Post
Did U get the clear euro markers from IND? I already got the LUX angel bulb. THe dealer was supposed to put it in today. Sad that wont be able to run on the performance tires for too long as winter is around the corner.

Got the 3M coat and the glass tint done today. Think I will get the black kidney grills as I think they would look better on space gray than the steel ones that comes with the truck. Looks meaner...

My SG 50i with Gloss Black Grill and Painted Markers - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums
I got the clear markers from ECS tuning. They are a sponser on this site. Takes 2 minutes to install. LUX bulbs are fairly easy as well. Hope you didnt need to pay someone at the dealer to do it and make sure you get the bulbs they took out in case they burn out.
I think the black grill looks better on any color M as they set off the other air vents in the front. Of course on my Saphire black it really looks mean. Next X5M probably planning on a 2013 will be Space gray or Silverstone on black will aluminum or carbon leather and will do the clear markers and black grills as well.
__________________
2013 BMW X5 M
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 PM
stlcity's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Where winters are long
Posts: 139
stlcity is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswaz View Post
I got the clear markers from ECS tuning. They are a sponser on this site. Takes 2 minutes to install. LUX bulbs are fairly easy as well. Hope you didnt need to pay someone at the dealer to do it and make sure you get the bulbs they took out in case they burn out.
I think the black grill looks better on any color M as they set off the other air vents in the front. Of course on my Saphire black it really looks mean. Next X5M probably planning on a 2013 will be Space gray or Silverstone on black will aluminum or carbon leather and will do the clear markers and black grills as well.
Thanks. I will get it from ECS tuning.

Mine is space gray. Love the color. Looks much better in person than what the camera captures...

The dealer will swap the lights out for free for me. Did tell him to give me the bulbs that he takes out. Know my CA pretty well now. He is able to pull strings at the dealership.

Last edited by stlcity; 11-04-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.