Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X3 (E83) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-25-2006, 01:03 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WNC
Posts: 6,011
AzNMpower32 is on a distinguished road
Well, I don't need a government rollover rating to know the X3 doesnt tip. I've done U-turns at 40mph and it felt fine. Okay, DSC intervened but there wasn't any sensation that it was anywhere near rolling over.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #22  
Old 07-25-2006, 06:59 PM
mwbbmw's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 89
mwbbmw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32
Well, I don't need a government rollover rating to know the X3 doesnt tip. I've done U-turns at 40mph and it felt fine. Okay, DSC intervened but there wasn't any sensation that it was anywhere near rolling over.
I heard that! There is just something about the feeling of control and sticking to the ground that I really haven't found in many other vehicles - if any. Avoiding an accident, stopping before an accident or worse case scenario walking away from it. I love that BMW commercial where the guy is waxing his 5-series . . . pan out to see the car was smashed on the front end. Yeah, I'd do that.

My brother even did an auto-cross/driving school sort of deal when he bought his X5 and one of the first things they told everyone to do was cruise at 40 then slam on the brakes and crank the steering wheel as hard as they could . . . and the X stayed planted! Great stuff all the way around.
__________________
MWBBMW
2006 X3 3.0i Highland Green Metallic, Sand Beige Montana Leather, Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Package, Privacy Glass, Xenon Headlights
2007 328i 6-speed, Black Sapphire Metallic, Sport package, Black Leatherette, Heated Seats, iPod & USB Adapter
If God had intended man to walk or fly, he would not have made BMWs!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 PM
AzNMpower32's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: WNC
Posts: 6,011
AzNMpower32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwbbmw
I heard that! There is just something about the feeling of control and sticking to the ground that I really haven't found in many other vehicles - if any. Avoiding an accident, stopping before an accident or worse case scenario walking away from it. I love that BMW commercial where the guy is waxing his 5-series . . . pan out to see the car was smashed on the front end. Yeah, I'd do that.
I remember once on the way to work when I was going down my typical route, down a 3-lane road straight through an intersection. Some bozo on a cell phone made a right turn onto my road right under my nose........I swerved cuz there wasn't a car next to me and felt glad I could avoid the accident. Seriously sometimes when people are on their cell they just don't stop and look.......
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 158
PeterNYC is on a distinguished road
Cell phones are a menace to society and culture in many ways...in restaurants, elevators, on golf courses, and, yes, esp driving....I wish the cops were more dilligent about enforcing the laws (in NY State you cannot use a cell unless it is hands free) or, really, i personallly think they should be outlawed in any capacity when driving (except in emergencies), but that's just me...97% of what you overhear are jackasses talking about what they watched on TV last or what they bought from the store last week

There was a comic who used to do a joke about a guy he saw driving a Yugo talking on a celll phone...the punchline was...."what's he doing? calling his buddy to say 'hey man, you got the 50 cents you owe me?"
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-26-2006, 12:04 PM
motordavid's Avatar
RetiredBum & Semi-RenaissanceMan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mtns of Western NC, & SW FLA
Posts: 16,798
motordavid will become famous soon enoughmotordavid will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterNYC
Cell phones are a menace to society and culture in many ways...in restaurants, elevators, on golf courses, and, yes, esp driving....I wish the cops were more dilligent about enforcing the laws (in NY State you cannot use a cell unless it is hands free) or, really, i personallly think they should be outlawed in any capacity when driving (except in emergencies), but that's just me...97% of what you overhear are jackasses talking about what they watched on TV last or what they bought from the store last week

There was a comic who used to do a joke about a guy he saw driving a Yugo talking on a celll phone...the punchline was...."what's he doing? calling his buddy to say 'hey man, you got the 50 cents you owe me?"


I'm with Peter on this and also, on-in car TV in motion, too...
but, ya'll have read my rants on this before.

Unfortunately, this "usage" is not going away.
__________________
Ol'UncleMotor
From the Home Base of Pro Bono Punditry
and 50 Cent Opins...

Our Mtn Scenes, Car Pics, and Road Trip Pics on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4527537...7627297418250/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4527537...7627332480833/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

My X Page




Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-27-2006, 11:38 AM
bjo bjo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Houston
Posts: 345
bjo is on a distinguished road
Well, the wife changed her mind and I think we will be looking for an X5. They are too pricey new, but there are alot of good deals out there on used models. Probably looking at an 03 model with the 3.0. I want the 4.4l to tow my race car, but doing 2 events a month doesnt justify the v8 for everyday use.

Doing some research on their maintenance on this site, it looks like I can do the maintenance pretty easy since I have all the tools and I have worked on many BMW's including mine.

Now I have to ask about the X5 ownership experience

Thanks again guys...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.