Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-05-2019, 12:12 PM
PropellerHead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At the wheel of a Bimmer
Posts: 1,880
PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Those cool clear headlights- Unusual sources?

Guys:

I've seen the clear Hellas out there for $3000. Anyone know where we can find HID full function (levelling, left/right, etc) for less?
__________________
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 06-05-2019, 12:20 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 3,896
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
Guys:

I've seen the clear Hellas out there for $3000. Anyone know where we can find HID full function (levelling, left/right, etc) for less?
There is a pair on Ebay right now for $1199 + $150 shipping. I've been watching them for awhile and thus far have been able to resist the temptation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-X5-SERI...53.m1438.l2649
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-05-2019, 12:49 PM
PropellerHead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At the wheel of a Bimmer
Posts: 1,880
PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
There is a pair on Ebay right now for $1199 + $150 shipping. I've been watching them for awhile and thus far have been able to resist the temptation.
SWEEET! Do we need a different one though for the turn in function? I forget what that's called. I read that we should get part # 63 11 7 166 815. But I don't really care ab that function. If we can use these, I am on it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-05-2019, 12:57 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 3,896
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropellerHead View Post
SWEEET! Do we need a different one though for the turn in function? I forget what that's called. I read that we should get part # 63 11 7 166 815. But I don't really care ab that function. If we can use these, I am on it.
Ah, good catch. Just did a parts lookup on the 815 vs 803 driver's side headlights. The 815 has BiXenon, adaptive lights, and the clear markers. 803 has BiXenon and clear markers only. It lacks adaptive lighting... so they don't move/turn.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-05-2019, 01:11 PM
PropellerHead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At the wheel of a Bimmer
Posts: 1,880
PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
Ah, good catch. Just did a parts lookup on the 815 vs 803 driver's side headlights. The 815 has BiXenon, adaptive lights, and the clear markers. 803 has BiXenon and clear markers only. It lacks adaptive lighting... so they don't move/turn.
Well.. the parts *with* the adaptive are out until October. So I made an offer on these. We'll see what happens.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-05-2019, 05:04 PM
wpoll's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: South Island, New Zealand
Posts: 2,818
wpoll will become famous soon enough
Beware that these also come in LHD and RHD versions....
__________________
Wayne
2005 BMW X5 3.0d (b 02/05)
2001 BMW F650GS Dakar (b 06/01)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Dblock2151's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 1,107
Dblock2151 is on a distinguished road
Are you talking about these?

I was fortunate to find a set locally (adaptive) for a LCI conversion i am doing on an 01 3.0i. I then ended up purchasing his 4.8is which he also had retrofitted with FXR projectors with clear lens. Stupid bright at night, great sharp cutoff, and that awesome color flicker we all love.
Attached Images
  
__________________
2001 Topaz Blue X5 3.0i Current 2017-
Aftermarket: Dinan Tunes/Camber Plates/Strutbar, KW coilovers, 22" ACS wheels, Eibach F+R swaybars, Thayer Camber+Toe bars, Stoptech F+R BBK, Audison/JL Audio/Critical Mass Audio, Eisenmann Exhaust
OEM: LCI Conversion, Running Boards, Euro Headlights, Lemans flares, 4.8IS F+R bumpers w/ flares, 20" Style 214 wheels, Imola Red interior retrofit, LCI Heated Wheel

2002 Topaz Blue X5 3.0i Retired 2002-2010
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-05-2019, 08:02 PM
PropellerHead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At the wheel of a Bimmer
Posts: 1,880
PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblock2151 View Post
Are you talking about these?

I was fortunate to find a set locally (adaptive) for a LCI conversion i am doing on an 01 3.0i. I then ended up purchasing his 4.8is which he also had retrofitted with FXR projectors with clear lens. Stupid bright at night, great sharp cutoff, and that awesome color flicker we all love.
cool
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: florida
Posts: 78
tmat1977 is on a distinguished road
is there a plug and play HId led or what ever it is called for angel eyes mine seem not that bright and would like to upgrade i think i saw some where just plug and play?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-06-2019, 08:04 PM
PropellerHead's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: At the wheel of a Bimmer
Posts: 1,880
PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat1977 View Post
is there a plug and play HId led or what ever it is called for angel eyes mine seem not that bright and would like to upgrade i think i saw some where just plug and play?
Lots and lots of discussion here. Short answer is no.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:01 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.