Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-13-2019, 01:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Caroline County, MD
Posts: 98
lkv0315 is on a distinguished road
Dinan Parts???

I have been searching all over google and everytime I look up E53 with the word Dinan, I end up here, instead of at a vendor, so maybe you guys can point me in the direction of a website where Dinan parts and be purchased. I know ECSTuning has them but when I filter by E53 3.0 I get no Dinan parts. So I don't know if no parts are made for the 3.0 or if I'm just looking wrong. Any help would be great.
__________________
2005 X5 E53, 167k Miles: Kenwood DNX893S Head Unit, Mud Flaps (Rear Only) , Rim Shopping(WIP), Full Spectrum RGB Halos,
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 12-13-2019, 01:38 PM
Overboost's Avatar
//Binary is in my DNA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 2,109
Overboost is on a distinguished road
Dinan website has a few items on their website. What exactly were you looking for?

https://www.dinancars.com/products/?...ine=&bodytype=
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-13-2019, 02:29 PM
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: La Vista, NE
Posts: 93
ajacks8 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you just started looking...I can save you 3-5yrs of that if you might be interested in these from me, currently on eBay...


DINAN Strut Bar # 283705358940
DINAN Exhaust # 283705374042

Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2019, 12:39 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Caroline County, MD
Posts: 98
lkv0315 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the link! And I will take a look at the eBay parts. You said you’re the one selling them? If so what’s the link
__________________
2005 X5 E53, 167k Miles: Kenwood DNX893S Head Unit, Mud Flaps (Rear Only) , Rim Shopping(WIP), Full Spectrum RGB Halos,
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-14-2019, 12:38 PM
bcredliner's Avatar
.1 decrease 0-60 time = $1000 & DIY
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Little Elm,Texas. (40 minutes North of Dallas)
Posts: 7,023
bcredliner is on a distinguished road
I always start mods with exhaust. There are very few engines don't benefit from lower restriction exhaust and to get the most out of other mods you will need it anyway. I would purchase the stage 3 tune and transmission software. The throttle body is expensive but is part of the performance gain of the stage 3 tune as is larger MAF housing and their exhaust. Result is 236hp at 5900rpms and 222ft/lbs of torque at 3500. That's 12hp, and more importantly, because torque gets you going, 10ft/lbs of torque all the way from 5000-6500rpms. I think the transmission software is a must do for any E53. The software provides firmer faster shifts, moves shift points to optimum rpms and in manual mode it won't shift until you shift it.

I would also check with Turner Motorsports to see if they have anything. Dinan engine software is somewhat conservative. Turner is usually more aggressive. ECS sometimes doesn't have everything Turner Motorsports has. Another option is to find a local BMW tuner. They are likely to be the most aggressive. Also, may need to use premium fuel as most tunes will increase the timing.
__________________
X5 4.6 2002 Black Sap, Black interior. 2013 X5M Melbourne Red, Bamboo interior
Dallas

Last edited by bcredliner; 12-14-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-14-2019, 01:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Caroline County, MD
Posts: 98
lkv0315 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
I always start mods with exhaust. There are very few engines don't benefit from lower restriction exhaust and to get the most out of other mods you will need it anyway. I would purchase the stage 3 tune and transmission software. The throttle body is expensive but is part of the performance gain of the stage 3 tune as is larger MAF housing and their exhaust. Result is 236hp at 5900rpms and 222ft/lbs of torque at 3500. That's 12hp, and more importantly, because torque gets you going, 10ft/lbs of torque all the way from 5000-6500rpms. I think the transmission software is a must do for any E53. The software provides firmer faster shifts, moves shift points to optimum rpms and in manual mode it won't shift until you shift it.

I would also check with Turner Motorsports to see if they have anything. Dinan engine software is somewhat conservative. Turner is usually more aggressive. ECS sometimes doesn't have everything Turner Motorsports has. Another option is to find a local BMW tuner. They are likely to be the most aggressive. Also, may need to use premium fuel as most tunes will increase the timing.
Is there an exhaust you recommend? Sound wise Iím looking for something with a throaty tone, but not something that someone would throw on a Honda Civic if you get what Iím saying.
__________________
2005 X5 E53, 167k Miles: Kenwood DNX893S Head Unit, Mud Flaps (Rear Only) , Rim Shopping(WIP), Full Spectrum RGB Halos,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-14-2019, 01:28 PM
bcredliner's Avatar
.1 decrease 0-60 time = $1000 & DIY
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Little Elm,Texas. (40 minutes North of Dallas)
Posts: 7,023
bcredliner is on a distinguished road
I don't know what to recommend. I would do an extensive search, well beyond the forum, as to what others have done that have some type of measured results other than butt dyno. Don't guess, go with anecdotal info or break new ground. The reason being is that as max engine torque goes, the 3.0 is a low torque engine. It is possible with comparably low torque engines to decrease the 0-60 time as too little restriction can reduce low end torque and gained horsepower is not sufficient to offset the loss. My guess is low restriction mufflers will help and you can always easily go further or go back to stock later if need be. You could start with an X pipe add on. That will change the exhaust note some and help with scavenging exhaust.
__________________
X5 4.6 2002 Black Sap, Black interior. 2013 X5M Melbourne Red, Bamboo interior
Dallas

Last edited by bcredliner; 12-14-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Caroline County, MD
Posts: 98
lkv0315 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcredliner View Post
I don't know what to recommend. I would do an extensive search, well beyond the forum, as to what others have done that have some type of measured results other than butt dyno. Don't guess, go with anecdotal info or break new ground. The reason being is that as max engine torque goes, the 3.0 is a low torque engine. It is possible with comparably low torque engines to decrease the 0-60 time as too little restriction can reduce low end torque and gained horsepower is not sufficient to offset the loss. My guess is low restriction mufflers will help and you can always easily go further or go back to stock later if need be. You could start with an X pipe add on. That will change the exhaust note some and help with scavenging exhaust.
Well put. I like the thought of breaking new ground but that sounds expensive. So I take it I would be best off to look up by the engine not by the car, in order to find much broader returns from searches?
__________________
2005 X5 E53, 167k Miles: Kenwood DNX893S Head Unit, Mud Flaps (Rear Only) , Rim Shopping(WIP), Full Spectrum RGB Halos,
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-15-2019, 07:48 PM
bcredliner's Avatar
.1 decrease 0-60 time = $1000 & DIY
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Little Elm,Texas. (40 minutes North of Dallas)
Posts: 7,023
bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkv0315 View Post
Well put. I like the thought of breaking new ground but that sounds expensive. So I take it I would be best off to look up by the engine not by the car, in order to find much broader returns from searches?
Yes, but bear in mind that the X5 is heavier making it more important to looking at mods that increase torque, especially increasing the torque toward the lower RPMs.
__________________
X5 4.6 2002 Black Sap, Black interior. 2013 X5M Melbourne Red, Bamboo interior
Dallas
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-15-2019, 08:14 PM
crystalworks's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SA, TX
Posts: 4,045
crystalworks is on a distinguished road
Go with whatever sounds good to you. Not going to gain (or lose) any major power with an exhaust on an otherwise stock engine. Exhaust flow (above and beyond OE design) is not really important until major horsepower is added as bcredliner has done to his.

I have about the goofiest exhaust setup possible and it's been fine, lost a few ponies I'm sure. But it sounds amazing.
__________________
2005 X5 4.4i Build 04/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, Pano, Sport (Purchased 06/14 w/ 109,000 miles) (Sold 8/15 w/121,000 miles)


2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.