Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E53) Forum
Fluid Motor Union
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-21-2021, 02:19 PM
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: La Vista, NE
Posts: 216
ajacks8 is on a distinguished road
Continental DWS06 vs DWS06 PLUS

Anyone have any feedback or experience for comparison on these? I've only run the DWS06...but looks like they are targeted for NLA. Thanks.
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 05-21-2021, 09:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Canada
Posts: 496
c-bass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacks8 View Post
Anyone have any feedback or experience for comparison on these? I've only run the DWS06...but looks like they are targeted for NLA. Thanks.
NLA?

I've never heard of the "plus" version but I run the DWS06 on my e46 and I'm very happy with the tires. Wouldn't hesitate to buy them again.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-21-2021, 10:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,063
Purplefade is on a distinguished road
I run the DWS06s on mine (Edit: 05/X5/4.4i :-)) and I like them, but I find the sidewalls to be a bit soft, if i roll in too fast I end up with chaffing on the sidewalls on occasion... my wife says its my driving.... we know that's not true...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2021, 01:14 AM
X5only's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,251
X5only is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefade View Post
I run the DWS06s on mine (Edit: 05/X5/4.4i :-)) and I like them, but I find the sidewalls to be a bit soft, if i roll in too fast I end up with chaffing on the sidewalls on occasion... my wife says its my driving.... we know that's not true...
Exactly my experience. I could feel the sidewalls caving in when doing spirited cornering. Many have complained of the same. I think DWS06 tires are over-rated. I was just waiting for them to wear out and change to something else. That happened a few weeks ago and this time around I installed Toyo Proxes sports A/S - wow, what a difference! Solid in hard cornering at speed. I like them so far.
https://www.toyotires.com/product/proxes-sport-as
__________________
'05 E53 X5 4.4i, '97 E39 528, '07 E92 335i, '16 F86 X6M.

Last edited by X5only; 05-22-2021 at 01:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2021, 09:59 AM
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: La Vista, NE
Posts: 216
ajacks8 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for input so far!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2021, 06:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,063
Purplefade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5only View Post
Exactly my experience. I could feel the sidewalls caving in when doing spirited cornering. Many have complained of the same. I think DWS06 tires are over-rated. I was just waiting for them to wear out and change to something else. That happened a few weeks ago and this time around I installed Toyo Proxes sports A/S - wow, what a difference! Solid in hard cornering at speed. I like them so far.
https://www.toyotires.com/product/proxes-sport-as

Thats amazing timing! The Toyos are what I am looking at as well. Going with the 315/35R20 on rear and 274/40R20 fronts. Glad to hear you like them< I was worried. My Dealer is actually giving me a 48 hour test drive... mine go on next weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-22-2021, 09:10 PM
X5only's Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 1,251
X5only is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefade View Post
Thats amazing timing! The Toyos are what I am looking at as well. Going with the 315/35R20 on rear and 274/40R20 fronts. Glad to hear you like them< I was worried. My Dealer is actually giving me a 48 hour test drive... mine go on next weekend.
I'm still under 500 miles on them but so far so good - solid through out. My only worry is the rim protector which doesn't look as beefy as the contis, so I'm a little more cautious than usual when it comes to curbs.
__________________
'05 E53 X5 4.4i, '97 E39 528, '07 E92 335i, '16 F86 X6M.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-22-2021, 10:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,063
Purplefade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5only View Post
I'm still under 500 miles on them but so far so good - solid through out. My only worry is the rim protector which doesn't look as beefy as the contis, so I'm a little more cautious than usual when it comes to curbs.

I'll get mine mounted and let you know what I think of them
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-22-2021, 11:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NWOhio
Posts: 205
absolutezero273c is on a distinguished road
I personally severely dislike the wet traction of the DWS. My daugther's car had them and my 4.8 came with them. They were horrible. Rubber is too hard to have any grip. I ended up going with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on my 4.8. But I also have the Conti Extremecontact DW on my e38. In my opinion both are superior to the DSW. But I do also have to run separate winter wheel/tire combos.
__________________
2005 Titanium Silver X5 4.8is (DD winter) * 2001 Steel Blue 750iL (DD summer) * 2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 L <> 2005 X5 3.0 * 2003 X5 4.4i * 2009 X3 3.0 * 2009 X5 3.0 * 2007 Toyota Avalon Limited
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-23-2021, 10:02 AM
upallnight's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cook County
Posts: 7,280
upallnight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefade View Post
I run the DWS06s on mine (Edit: 05/X5/4.4i :-)) and I like them, but I find the sidewalls to be a bit soft, if i roll in too fast I end up with chaffing on the sidewalls on occasion... my wife says its my driving.... we know that's not true...
You're right it's not your driving, you don't have enough air in the tires. When I used to Autocross my Lotus I would pump up the tires so that they wouldn't rollover. Of course, that made for a harsh ride, but I let the air out before driving home.
__________________
2006 Infiniti G35
2001 BMW 3.0I E53 X5 Build date 08/2000 SOLD
Lotus Europa 1970 Destroyed by fire
Lotus Europa 1970 S2 Renault Powered
Lotus Type 52 1970 Twincam Webers Powered
PORSCHE 911 Targa 1982 The Garage Queen
Audi Avant donated to Kars for Kids
BMW 525IT Sold
Audi 4000CS Quattro Sold
Jensen Healey Lotus Powered Sold
Opel 1900 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1971 Sold
Triumph Spitfire 1968 Sold
Plymouth "Cuda" 340 Six pack SOLD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.