Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E70) Forum
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Skyline's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 656
Skyline is on a distinguished road
Telltale signs a car has Premium Sound

I'm looking to upgrade my E53 to an E70. While shopping for cars, I'm finding many sellers have no clue what option packages their cars have. I'm looking at one that's pretty far away, and remotely looking for clues as to what options the car has with a somewhat nave owner is tricky.

I know what the premium sound consists of, but what, if any, are the visible clues that a car has this option? What's the easiest way to tell for sure so I can email this seller and ask him to check for me?
__________________
2008 BMW X5 4.8i Sport
2004 BMW 325xi
2000 BMW 528i 5sp
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 03-10-2015, 10:30 AM
TinyRK's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 44
TinyRK is on a distinguished road
Get the VIN and run it through a BMW VIN Decoder: http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html
It lists all the factory options... Safest bet!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2015, 11:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 37
Peteygasp is on a distinguished road
Two speakers in each rear door instead of only one. Also speakers in the D pillar
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2015, 12:05 PM
BGM's Avatar
BGM BGM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,820
BGM is on a distinguished road
And there are 2 subs under the front seats.
__________________
2008 X5 4.8
Jet Black/Black Nevada/Dark Burl Walnut
Adaptive Drive
Premium Pack
Tech Pack
Climate Pack
Sport Pack
20" Wheel Option
Premium Sound
Sirius Satellite
Rear DVD Entertainment
Multi-Contour Seats
Comfort Access
3rd Row Seat
Heated Front Seats
Running Boards
3M VentureShield Paint Protection Film
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Skyline's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 656
Skyline is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys! Since I had the VIN, that VIN Decoder that Tiny posted did the trick.
__________________
2008 BMW X5 4.8i Sport
2004 BMW 325xi
2000 BMW 528i 5sp
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-2015, 01:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DC
Posts: 5
Xbimmer9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
I'm looking to upgrade my E53 to an E70. While shopping for cars, I'm finding many sellers have no clue what option packages their cars have. I'm looking at one that's pretty far away, and remotely looking for clues as to what options the car has with a somewhat nave owner is tricky.

I know what the premium sound consists of, but what, if any, are the visible clues that a car has this option? What's the easiest way to tell for sure so I can email this seller and ask him to check for me?
The easiest way to tell visually that the X5 has the premium sound package is the inclusion of an equalizer located in the iDrive "sound" settings.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-12-2015, 07:16 PM
brian5's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 2,925
brian5 is on a distinguished road
I think that the easiest way to tell is to look for the (now defunct) DVD Changer in the glove box.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-12-2015, 08:01 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DC
Posts: 5
Xbimmer9 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian5 View Post
I think that the easiest way to tell is to look for the (now defunct) DVD Changer in the glove box.
Not sure what year e70 the OP is looking at, but my 2012 (LCI) with the Premium Sound Package does not have a DVD Changer in the glove box, but rather a hard drive that is hidden from view...so looking in the glovebox would not be a good indicator (at least in the LCI models). I am pretty sure that the equalizer ONLY came with with the optional premium sound package and was not included with the base sound for all years of the e70. So, a quick look in the iDrive for the equalizer settings can effectively rule in/out whether the car has premium sound.

Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 73
JGard is on a distinguished road
Or like someone else said, look at the rear doors. If you see two speaker grills, it's the premium sound. You don't need to turn on the car or mess with idrive options that way
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-13-2015, 12:37 PM
brian5's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 2,925
brian5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbimmer9 View Post
Not sure what year e70 the OP is looking at, but my 2012 (LCI) with the Premium Sound Package does not have a DVD Changer in the glove box, but rather a hard drive that is hidden from view...so looking in the glovebox would not be a good indicator (at least in the LCI models). I am pretty sure that the equalizer ONLY came with with the optional premium sound package and was not included with the base sound for all years of the e70. So, a quick look in the iDrive for the equalizer settings can effectively rule in/out whether the car has premium sound.

Cheers!
Yes, you're right on LCI models. I had seen, in another post, that the OP was looking at pre-LCI models. I should have specified that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.