Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > BMW SAV Forums > X5 (E70) Forum
Bimmer Tool Rental
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 6
Hunvaakaren is on a distinguished road
Bmw X5 Msport. Sport Seat. Driver side leather problem.

Hello guys, i have a problem with the leather on the driver side. I think it have loosen a litle bit.

Look at the pictures.

And the question is: How do i get off ( Remove ) this trim on the side? So i can look at the leather and try to place it on the right place again.





Sorry for bad English, but im from Norway
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 10-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Key Biscayne, FL
Posts: 40
muddycharles is on a distinguished road
I have exactly the same problem

And went in for service today (still under warranty) - mentioned it to the Service Advisor. Ill be curious to see if or whether they choose to fix it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 1
s4sjefen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunvaakaren View Post
Hello guys, i have a problem with the leather on the driver side. I think it have loosen a litle bit.

Look at the pictures.

And the question is: How do i get off ( Remove ) this trim on the side? So i can look at the leather and try to place it on the right place again.





Sorry for bad English, but im from Norway
I have kind of the same problem. I am also from Norway.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 6
Hunvaakaren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddycharles View Post
And went in for service today (still under warranty) - mentioned it to the Service Advisor. Ill be curious to see if or whether they choose to fix it.

Ok. I have read that many have had problems with this.

Talked to BMW Dealer here in Norway, and they cant do anything with it because i got my car imported from Germany.


Does anyone how to take off this trim on the seat?

Hei, s4sjefen. Har du fått sett på hvordan man får av listen nede på sete der? Som jeg har markert rundt?

Skulle ha fått at det dekselet slik at jeg kan få prøvd og få festet skinnet igjen. Ser det er et feste som har røke i skinnet.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:20 PM
seattle's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 498
seattle is on a distinguished road
RealOEM.com * BMW E70N X5 35dX Seat, front, uphlstry, cover, Sport seat



Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 6
Hunvaakaren is on a distinguished road
Thanks, ive seen that before. But i dont understand it so much.

Can you tell me how to do it?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-29-2013, 09:51 PM
stevs's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Northwest US
Posts: 7
stevs is on a distinguished road
Mine has the same issue, There is a hole in the leather that fits on a hook in the seat frame to hold the seat cushion down. The hole on mine has ripped through and does not hook anymore. If you look from under the front left of the seat you should be able to see where the leather hooks to the seat frame.

My dealer quoted me $100 US to install a round grommet and sew the leather together to fix the tear.

Curious to see if that is your issue too.
__________________
Steve
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 6
Hunvaakaren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevs View Post
Mine has the same issue, There is a hole in the leather that fits on a hook in the seat frame to hold the seat cushion down. The hole on mine has ripped through and does not hook anymore. If you look from under the front left of the seat you should be able to see where the leather hooks to the seat frame.

My dealer quoted me $100 US to install a round grommet and sew the leather together to fix the tear.

Curious to see if that is your issue too.


Hey, yea, it is the same problem. The hole is ripped trough. But here in Norway it cost alot more than 100$ US to fix it. So im gonna look at it my self. But i dont know how to take of that F*** trim :/ On the seat.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Key Biscayne, FL
Posts: 40
muddycharles is on a distinguished road
Take a look at this video - what ripped is the leather being held by a HOGRING - which is the way they are fastening the leather to the base.

Leather Seat Cover Installation, Hog Ring Attachment vs. Velcro - YouTube
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 6
Hunvaakaren is on a distinguished road
Thanks, but the leather is fine. Its just the leather hook who is ripped.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
© 2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.