Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   Detailing Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-related-forums/detailing-forum/)
-   -   In need of a good hand wash in NJ (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-related-forums/detailing-forum/7310-need-good-hand-wash-nj.html)

iMPAKT 11-19-2005 02:45 PM

In need of a good hand wash in NJ
 
i've tried two different hand car washes near me, but they both let me down. They always miss drying the running boards or just do a mediocre job. Do you know of any good hand wash places in NJ?

robertsd 11-30-2005 04:28 PM

Don't be so lazy... go to the store, invest in some high end automotive soap, a bucket, a sponge, tire/rim cleaner and a chamois. Then go at it!, its part of the fun of owning a automobile like this, it may suck doing it but when you stand back and look at it after its well worth it ! Then you can't complain about anyone doing a crap job. :D

SuaveX5 11-30-2005 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertsd
Don't be so lazy... go to the store, invest in some high end automotive soap, a bucket, a sponge, tire/rim cleaner and a chamois. Then go at it!, its part of the fun of owning a automobile like this, it may suck doing it but when you stand back and look at it after its well worth it ! Then you can't complain about anyone doing a crap job. :D

:withstupi

iMPAKT 11-30-2005 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertsd
Don't be so lazy... go to the store, invest in some high end automotive soap, a bucket, a sponge, tire/rim cleaner and a chamois. Then go at it!, its part of the fun of owning a automobile like this, it may suck doing it but when you stand back and look at it after its well worth it ! Then you can't complain about anyone doing a crap job. :D

well here in NJ, it's about 36 degrees F and i don't know about you, but i'm not up to washing my car in the cold. I've washed my car myself back in the fall but with temperatures like they are, i won't be washing it in this weather.

SILENTx5 11-30-2005 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iMPAKT
well here in NJ, it's about 36 degrees F and i don't know about you, but i'm not up to washing my car in the cold. I've washed my car myself back in the fall but with temperatures like they are, i won't be washing it in this weather.

Don't know where in NJ you are but if you don't mind coming to NYC, there's a hand car washing place call "Beverly Hills Hand Car Wash" in Astoria, Queens. Its on the corner of 71 st. and Astoria Blvd. They do a great job.

bozo 11-30-2005 06:03 PM

Youll STILL enjoy it! Seriously! I wash my car every Saturday and it is in the high 20's here. No problem..And in the states, you guys can invest in nice water heaters from what I hear...We havent caught up with with that technology yet :tsk: ....But honestly, NO "business" will ever treat your car like you will when it comes to detailing.... :thumbup:

JV 11-30-2005 08:22 PM

How about "In Need of a Good Hand Job in NJ"? I bet this post would have 20+ responses!

JV

Rob_ 11-30-2005 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My solution for washing the X in 20 degree weather was having hot and cold water "spicket" as they call them down here in the south, installed.

bozo 12-01-2005 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob_
My solution for washing the X in 20 degree weather was having hot and cold water "spicket" as they call them down here in the south, installed.

WOw!! Never even thought about that?! I need to make some phone calls!!

Rob_ 12-01-2005 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozo5521
WOw!! Never even thought about that?! I need to make some phone calls!!

One of my best house mods for the X :D

Rob_


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 PM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.