Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   Detailing Forum (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-related-forums/detailing-forum/)
-   -   Meguiars Wheel Protectant (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-related-forums/detailing-forum/73210-meguiars-wheel-protectant.html)

BGM 05-23-2010 08:32 PM

Meguiars Wheel Protectant
 
Anyone use this ? I'm not a big Meguiars fan since I prefer higher end products but was curious. A neighbor said he has and keeps brake dust to a minimum on your wheels-- like for a couple weeks. I just put some on today. I will update my findings.

BGM 06-03-2010 04:29 PM

Well after almost 2 weeks of driving I really can't tell much of a difference in brake dust using this. I will wash it again Sat and spray on an extra few coats and see if it improves.

brian5 06-03-2010 04:40 PM

What is the actual Meguiar's product called? Is it called Meguiar's Wheel Protectant (because I don't see anything like that)?

I'm trying the Meguair's Ultimate Quik Wax on my wheels (not car body) to see if that will make it easier to keep the wheels clean (i.e. to just rinse off the brake dust). Probably too much to hope for... :)

J.Belknap 06-03-2010 04:54 PM

Coated the wheels with RejeX, seems to be lasting longer than normal wax imo. No need for wheel cleaner now, just light wipe with soapy water and rinse off.

BGM 06-03-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian5 (Post 746283)
What is the actual Meguiar's product called? Is it called Meguiar's Wheel Protectant (because I don't see anything like that)?

I'm trying the Meguair's Ultimate Quik Wax on my wheels (not car body) to see if that will make it easier to keep the wheels clean (i.e. to just rinse off the brake dust). Probably too much to hope for... :)

Yeah I got it at Target--I will have to check the exact name tonight.

BGM 06-03-2010 08:02 PM

I just looked it's actually an Armor All product.

brian5 06-03-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BGM (Post 746337)
I just looked it's actually an Armor All product.

Well, that was a useful thread... :stickpoke

MINIz guy 06-03-2010 11:00 PM

Is this Armor All product come in a small aerosol spray can? I recently got it and applied it to our X6. I'm waiting a few weeks until I see results, as the videos of it are pretty positive on what it can do. This weekend, I will also apply it to our X5 or 3 series as those cars get more use and accumulate brake dust faster.

BGM 06-03-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian5 (Post 746353)
Well, that was a useful thread... :stickpoke

My bad, ha . . .

BGM 06-03-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MINIz guy (Post 746383)
Is this Armor All product come in a small aerosol spray can? I recently got it and applied it to our X6. I'm waiting a few weeks until I see results, as the videos of it are pretty positive on what it can do. This weekend, I will also apply it to our X5 or 3 series as those cars get more use and accumulate brake dust faster.

Yeah it's in a small aerosol can. I mean unless I didn't put enough on I really didn't see much of a difference. Like I said I will be washing it Sat I will put more of it on this time.

MINIz guy 06-04-2010 05:07 PM

I sprayed very liberally on my application. I probably used half the can on 4 19" rims. I should have used it on one of our more driven cars than the X6, but only time will tell.

BGM 06-05-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MINIz guy (Post 746582)
I sprayed very liberally on my application. I probably used half the can on 4 19" rims. I should have used it on one of our more driven cars than the X6, but only time will tell.

Wow ok then I definitely didn't put enough on--I did like 2 passes on each wheel.

RMak 06-06-2010 02:26 PM

I use the Armor All Wheel Protectant and it works like a charm. It really does protect it from brake dust. The only time when it does collect brake dust (very little though) is when... say you drive in the rain. The wheels get wet and brake dust does accumulate a little.

MINIz guy 06-07-2010 03:18 PM

I'm looking at the treated rims and I have to say it does work. It has been 1 week and ~100 miles and the rims have very little buildup. The only accumulation is in streaks, so I guess I didn't apply it evenly enough. I also applied it to our 3 series which is my dad's daily driver, so I will see at the end of this week how well it works. One can only got me through 8 rims, so I don't know if this is worth it.

BGM 06-12-2010 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok so here is a pic after one week. You can tell the areas I didn't spray enough as they are a little darker than the others. I'm not very good with aerosol cans apparently.

MINIz guy 06-12-2010 02:41 PM

Same problem with the application on my dad's 3 series. There would be one area around the lip of the rim that I missed, and all the brake dust would accumulate there. Otherwise, this product works. If only Armor All made it a colored spray that dried clear and made it cheaper so it doesn't cost $9 to just do 8 rims.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:08 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.