Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Electronics > Navigation System
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-07-2006, 12:28 AM
TJunkers's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Saddle River, NJ
Posts: 119
TJunkers is on a distinguished road
Nav Screen To Play Movies or iPod Videos?

I know this has been talked abotu, but i tried contacting EAS many times now but get no reply so i though I'd post it here:

I would like to have either my iPod or a Mac Mini hooked up to the screen, so I can see what the mac mini would display or see what the iPod displays on its screen. The only catch is I need to be able to have the audio working while I am looking at say my navigation map. I have a 2007 X3. If you could let me know what I could do I'd really appreciate it.

Also, I heard there was a device that if i plugged into one of the wires in the trunk it would then display television (or other name) on my navigation menu, do you have something like that?

thanks for the help,
Tyson
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #2  
Old 11-07-2006, 04:54 AM
davipt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 163
davipt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJunkers
I would like to have either my iPod or a Mac Mini hooked up to the screen, so I can see what the mac mini would display or see what the iPod displays on its screen. The only catch is I need to be able to have the audio working while I am looking at say my navigation map. I have a 2007 X3. If you could let me know what I could do I'd really appreciate it.
In theory, the EAS VSM or Dietz VSM is what you (and I) need, but I'm also waiting for an email reply from Tom.

According to the description and some threads in this forum, we could use that to connect to the navigation system and then we wouldn't need any tv module. It has two video inputs, and when a video is on, the VSM overrides the navi, so you'll have to turn the video off yourself to get back the navi screen.
The audio part might connect to the CD changer or to the Aux input. The cables look like CD changer, but I saw a thread mentioning Aux. If so, the audio will continue playing even when the VSM screen is off and navi is on.

So whoever of us gets the module first shall share the experience with the other.

Tom, please look at your emails. Here's two customers willing to spend some money
__________________
My BMW: Photos
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-07-2006, 05:06 AM
Kris@modmynav's Avatar
Vendor
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,001
Kris@modmynav is on a distinguished road
I'm probably the one who got installed VSM module first in this forum

and Check my system set up here

contact Tom [email protected], he will help you to setup your system.

Good Luck!
__________________

::modmynav.com

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-07-2006 at 05:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-07-2006, 09:41 AM
tempestv8's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 45
tempestv8 is on a distinguished road
I'm also waiting to hear back from Tom at EAS.

I've bought a Dietz module off him and I can't get it to work. But my problem is that I think I am not plugging it into the right place. That's coz I can't find the TV module on my '03 e39 530i Touring Wagon.

Does anyone know where that module may be locate?

It looks like Unit 3 in this diagram:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...48&hg=65&fg=50

However, in my car, all I can find is the MKIII Navigation CD unit, the 6 stacker CD player and the Radio module.

Where's my TV module?

(I know I've got a TV module, because I can watch TV on my screen when the vehicle is stationary)

So need a bit of advice from Tom, and he's not responded to my query.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-07-2006, 04:25 PM
^StB^'s Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: St Tropez - France
Posts: 41
^StB^ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzin
I'm probably the one who got installed VSM module first in this forum

and Check my system set up here

contact Tom [email protected], he will help you to setup your system.

Good Luck!
Hi all, Hi wuzin,

Nice setup you've done
My first post and question for you

Could you please indicate me if VSM module is delivered with an harness between it & nav screen ?
If I buy this VSM do I have to add a cable ?

Thanks a lot (& sorry for my poor english )
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Kris@modmynav's Avatar
Vendor
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,001
Kris@modmynav is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^StB^
Hi all, Hi wuzin,

Nice setup you've done
My first post and question for you

Could you please indicate me if VSM module is delivered with an harness between it & nav screen ?
If I buy this VSM do I have to add a cable ?

Thanks a lot (& sorry for my poor english )
Hey ^StB^ :xoutpost:

VSM module comes with all cables that you need
__________________

::modmynav.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-07-2006, 05:41 PM
davipt's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 163
davipt is on a distinguished road
wuzin: really? How do you know which cables I need ? ))) I might have a very special car.

I do assume that the VSM module comes with the cable between the VSM and navi, but where will the stereo sound connect, because:

- it might connect to some plug in the trunk if one has a DSP or the cabling prepared for Sirius/xm/whatever you have in USA. I don't have dsp nor any cable like that on my trunk.

- it might connect to the CD-changer plug at the middle console, like the iPod kits. I have no such cable on my car, and trust me I've almost disassembled it all.

- it might connect to the aux kit, if one has it. Fortunately I've asked for this one.

- it might require a direct connection to the radio to get access to the aux pins (if the aux kit is not installed) or to the cd-changer pins.

This is exactly one of the questions I asked Tom... In case the VSM can connect to the CD-changer cable, if he could provide some kind of connector/pins to connect to the radio and take the audio back to the trunk.

So.. where does the sound connect then?
__________________
My BMW: Photos
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Kris@modmynav's Avatar
Vendor
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,001
Kris@modmynav is on a distinguished road
davipt,

VSM is a just video module, and you are right, it comes with the cable between the VSM and Nav. check this picture below.


that's audio/video input cable for video audio source that allow you can add back up cam, DVD player or etc.
and AUX connector. Sounds from VSM module can be played through AUX mode.

hope this can help!
__________________

::modmynav.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-08-2006, 02:44 AM
Tom G.'s Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 3,228
Tom G. is on a distinguished road
Sorry for the delay – we just returned from the SEMA show in Vegas and are just getting caught up on emails.

All emails received were answered, if for some reason you did not get a reply - resend your email and I will get to it right away. You can also reach us by phone for a faster response in real time.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: [email protected] web: www.europeanautosource.com
tel 866.669.0705 | ca: 714.369.8524 x22 | fax: 714.908.1796


Twitter | Flikr | Facebook | YouTube
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Tom G.'s Avatar
Premier Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: X5world
Posts: 3,228
Tom G. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempestv8
I'm also waiting to hear back from Tom at EAS.

I've bought a Dietz module off him and I can't get it to work. But my problem is that I think I am not plugging it into the right place. That's coz I can't find the TV module on my '03 e39 530i Touring Wagon.

Does anyone know where that module may be locate?

It looks like Unit 3 in this diagram:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...48&hg=65&fg=50

However, in my car, all I can find is the MKIII Navigation CD unit, the 6 stacker CD player and the Radio module.

Where's my TV module?

(I know I've got a TV module, because I can watch TV on my screen when the vehicle is stationary)

So need a bit of advice from Tom, and he's not responded to my query.
Check underneath the cargo floor on your Touring - your TV tuner should be located there.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: [email protected] web: www.europeanautosource.com
tel 866.669.0705 | ca: 714.369.8524 x22 | fax: 714.908.1796


Twitter | Flikr | Facebook | YouTube
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.