Home Forums Articles How To's FAQ Register
Go Back   Xoutpost.com > Electronics > Navigation System
Arnott
User Name
Password
Member List Premier Membership Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Xoutpost server transfer and maintenance is occurring....
Xoutpost is currently undergoing a planned server migration.... stay tuned for new developments.... sincerely, the management


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 11-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 5
ghas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
Thanks a lot, link worked, but I have another problem.
During software update, I received a message "Inserted CD is defective, please remove CD and confirm with OK".

I removed CD and now I only have black screen on my display. I used a quality Verbatim CD, burned with ImgBurn at lowest speed and with verification.

Is this a matter of:
- faulty DVD drive in my car
- rubbish CD
- errors during CD burning (ImgBurn shown no errors during verification)
- problem with CD image I downloaded

Any advice, please?

Thanks, best regards
Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

  #402  
Old 11-11-2009, 10:50 AM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,931
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghas View Post
Thanks a lot, link worked, but I have another problem.
Ok.

Quote:
During software update, I received a message "Inserted CD is defective, please remove CD and confirm with OK".

I removed CD and now I only have black screen on my display.
and you have a mk4 dvd nav computer yes?

Quote:
I used a quality Verbatim CD, burned with ImgBurn at lowest speed and with verification.

Is this a matter of:
- faulty DVD drive in my car
- rubbish CD
- errors during CD burning (ImgBurn shown no errors during verification)
- problem with CD image I downloaded
Well, it will be one of the above.

Quote:
Any advice, please?

Thanks, best regards
Try this, mk4 only MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

-

This is an OEM v32 in mode2/form format (so ok for mk3 and mk4) this should return the nav computer to OEM MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service do this first then try above
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 11-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 5
ghas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
This is an OEM v32 in mode2/form format (so ok for mk3 and mk4) this should return the nav computer to OEM MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service do this first then try above
Thanks for link, I have MK4. Do you think I can burn the image on a DVD? I ran out of CDs
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 11-11-2009, 11:03 AM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,931
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Yes, It can be burned onto a dvd, if you have the same language set up as a UK mk4 (UK,FRA,GER) then there is another image you can try.

I use a cd-rw and it works well, I also use 2 dvd-rw's for the map image as well, so my cameras are always upto date.

P.S welcome to the forums
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 11-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 5
ghas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfj1 View Post
Yes, It can be burned onto a dvd, if you have the same language set up as a UK mk4 (UK,FRA,GER) then there is another image you can try.

I use a cd-rw and it works well, I also use 2 dvd-rw's for the map image as well, so my cameras are always upto date.

P.S welcome to the forums
I have UK+Spanish+French
I'll try your OEM with a DVD disc, hope it'll work
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 11-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 27
fares52 is on a distinguished road
just did this update....worked perfectly...thanks so much to the nice folks on this forum and especially the developer of this cool tweak
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 11-19-2009, 03:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CH
Posts: 5
Snobbis is on a distinguished road
Hi, did you used PmN? I've bought the software but did not received yet the activation-code (after 2 days).
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 11-19-2009, 04:11 AM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,931
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snobbis View Post
Hi, did you used PmN? I've bought the software but did not received yet the activation-code (after 2 days).
No, PMN is for adding non-alert POI to the OEM map.

Use POISon.exe for adding the alert POI's
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 11-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Spain
Posts: 78
lupito_ct is on a distinguished road
Hi ccfj1, did you finally changes into rom_col ?

Using navtweak 2.6 or 2.7 appears change rom_col but nav_os don't accept this changes.
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 11-19-2009, 12:02 PM
ccfj1's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The UK.
Posts: 1,931
ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupito_ct View Post
Hi ccfj1, did you finally changes into rom_col ?

Using navtweak 2.6 or 2.7 appears change rom_col but nav_os don't accept this changes.
No not yet mate, The rom-col uses a locked part of the rom, so it works (OEM) regardless of upgrades, Nomad thinks it's possible to unlock this and load our new colour scheme, but is working on something else at the moment and I'm not sure if (or when) he will come back to navtweak and POISon.

I've put forward a list of updates that (I think) would enhance both navtweak and POISon, but will have to wait.

I'm looking for a vmware port of os9000 so see if I can un-pack and modify the OEM navboot code, this is proving difficult.

I'll post up when or if nomad replies.
__________________
Sept 03, M3, Silver Grey. Retro-fits: Modded Mk4 DVD Drive, OEM Bluetooth, VR Control, Rainbow Speaker Upgrade, Sony SOT Amp, HK Sub, CCFL, Intravee II, NightMode.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 PM.
vBulletin, Copyright 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved. Xoutpost.com is a private enthusiast site not associated with BMW AG.
The BMW name, marks, M stripe logo, and Roundel logo as well as X3, X5 and X6 designations used in the pages of this Web Site are the property of BMW AG.
This web site is not sponsored or affiliated in any way with BMW AG or any of its subsidiaries.