Xoutpost.com

Xoutpost.com (https://xoutpost.com/forums.php)
-   Group Buys (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-related-forums/group-buys/)
-   -   GB: DEPO Headlights for pre-facelifters with HID. (https://xoutpost.com/bmw-related-forums/group-buys/65811-gb-depo-headlights-pre-facelifters-hid.html)

RPX5 10-23-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtX5 (Post 672700)
RPX5.. have you seen this thread i posted awhile back to help dolphin_4_U ? this kinda goes into detail with the ECU wiring..maybe this will help you or a mechanic you trust to do the work for you..

Xoutpost.com - View Single Post - Angel Eyes on 2001 X5 with Daytime Running Lights

I didn't see this yet, thanks for this! I also found this here E46 CCFL WIRING GUIDE
from another thread. This may be a good resource.

About your low beams.. didn't you get brand no ballasts?

RPX5 10-23-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Belknap (Post 672702)
Just got done installing.

Here's where I landed the relay trigger wire.

It needs a bath. I need a bath. Pics tomorrow.

Looking forward to the pics.. will you be posting pics of your install as well? Did your run the wires through your fire wall? Most attach to the ECU but you attached to the LCM!? Seems interesting, I'd love to learn more!!

You happy with em?

anas 10-23-2009 12:40 PM

i got the lights on , they work & look great :thumbup: , the x looks a looooot better , im very happy with it ,but the guy @ the shop could not figure out how to have the AE's work by there self or with the parking lights so he got them wired to the low beam , thats the only way he knew how to make them come on , which im ok with , they look really good, i took some pics. & brought my camera with me to work to put the pics on here but guess what.... camera died... charger @ home :banghead: anyway , i'll post the pics as soon as i can
& RPX5
my frined that works in that shop was out of town for 2 weeks & i couldn't wait that long for him to come back so i got another guy to do it , he was not that nice & wont let me watch him install the lights , he said he'll get nervous when someone watches him :nervous:, so no detaild info. on the wiring .... sorry.... all i got him to say is he hooked AE to low beam.

J.Belknap 10-23-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPX5 (Post 672759)
Looking forward to the pics.. will you be posting pics of your install as well? Did your run the wires through your fire wall? Most attach to the ECU but you attached to the LCM!? Seems interesting, I'd love to learn more!!

You happy with em?

Added pics and a write-up

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...operation.html

Yes, through the firewall. The previous owner ran the K40 radar wires through there. On a personal note, now I know I need a grommet.

Attaching the relay trigger wire to the ECU is fine... if you want the AE's to always be on. I want to be stealth-like sometimes, always having the AE's on was not an option for me. I wanted them to come on with the parking lights. Thus, tapping (what I believe is an input) of +12V illumination on the LCM. Works fine, no lighting fault codes or any of that business, no cheesy switches, it's just as if you had these from the factory.

RPX5 10-24-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anas (Post 672805)
he said he'll get nervous when someone watches him :nervous:, so no detaild info. on the wiring .... sorry.... all i got him to say is he hooked AE to low beam.

LoL funny, no prob though. I'm sure when I have some time to figure it out, I'll ... figure it out.

Glad you like em! Enjoy

mtX5 10-24-2009 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPX5 (Post 672757)
from another thread. This may be a good resource.

About your low beams.. didn't you get brand no ballasts?

no i bought them used off ebay they came with 4300k bulbs but i used the 8000k ones that came with the headlights. i don't think its the ballasts though same part number.. you think maybe something could be wrong with it?

RPX5 10-24-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtX5 (Post 673072)
no i bought them used off ebay they came with 4300k bulbs but i used the 8000k ones that came with the headlights. i don't think its the ballasts though same part number.. you think maybe something could be wrong with it?

Yeah my buddy has an 03 4.6is, and he had to buy brand new igniters because his stock ones failed. I'd get a second opinion before i purchase, but I find these guys to be very competitively priced when it comes to BMW stuff.

EuroPartsAmerica

This one is even better priced:

GENUINE BMW 63128386708-9 for only $396.21 from KO Performance

What ever happened to your theory about your HID fog lights robbing power from your HID low beam?

mtX5 10-24-2009 07:32 PM

Well I feel like since it's only happening in the cold that theory gets proved wrong. I really don't know wish more people could chime in. The other day I saw a 3 series with one lowbeam on I thought he might be having the same issue since he had aftermarket lights.. Hmm

X Foomph 10-24-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtX5 (Post 673251)
..............................................I really don't know wish more people could chime in.....................................

Hi Mo,
That's a very good comment you've made there. I thought the same myself.
With over 100 inputs in this fairly important thread and obviously a lot of interest with 2,260 views from members and others I reckon it's time this was moved over to the E53 room where a heap more guys will see it. I mean I only stumbled on this by poking around one night.
Don't forget too, we might get others who are more tech savvy contributing.
My 2 cents, thanks

Foomph

mtX5 10-25-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X Foomph (Post 673282)
Hi Mo,
That's a very good comment you've made there. I thought the same myself.
With over 100 inputs in this fairly important thread and obviously a lot of interest with 2,260 views from members and others I reckon it's time this was moved over to the E53 room where a heap more guys will see it. I mean I only stumbled on this by poking around one night.
Don't forget too, we might get others who are more tech savvy contributing.
My 2 cents, thanks

Foomph


Hey bernie,

I actually did post it in the E53 forum a few months back when i had the AiB headlights with after market ballasts: http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...me-insane.html

a few people tried to help out and contribute (thanks to all of them), but none of the issues solved it. oh and one member accused me of making this whole thing up lol .. still don't see what benefit i get for making it up..

but ya temperature seems to be the biggest issue. honestly at this point i need to visit the stealers and have them play with it. i'm going to go on a cold day when i have time so the problem can be replicated infront of them.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.

vBulletin, Copyright 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
2017 Xoutpost.com. All rights reserved.